8. "Ms. Adler"

"John?" John and I both looked at each other hearing Sherlock's voice.

"You want to go?" John asked me, and I nodded walking back to Sherlock's room.

"Liz!" Sherlock called as I entered the bedroom to see Sherlock lose his balance, and plop onto the floor. I giggle quietly and stare at Sherlock.

"You okay?" I asked.

"How did I get here?" Sherlock asked standing up.

"Well, John and I brought you back. Lestrade tried to film you with his phone-," Sherlock cut me off with a question that irked me.

"Where is she?" he asked me. I decided to play dumb.

"Where's who?" I asked.

"The woman. That woman." He said.

"What woman?" I asked sternly.

"The woman. The woman woman!" Sherlock slurred.

"What, Irene Adler? She got away. No-one saw her." I snapped giving in. Sherlock looked out his window then turned to me.

"She wasn't here, Sherlock," I said. Sherlock dropped to the floor and crawled to look under his bed. Is he seriously acting like this?

"What are you ...? What ...? No, no, no, no." I glared and put my arms under Sherlock's, pulling him up and throwing him down on his bed. "Back to bed." I sighed and pulled his blanket over him. "John says you'll be fine in the morning. Just sleep." I sighed, more telling myself he'll be fine, than him.

"Of course I'll be fine. I am fine. I'm absolutely fine." Sherlock slurred against his pillow.

"Yes, you're great. I'll be in the living room if you need me." I sighed.

"Why would I need you?" Sherlock scoffed. I stood in the doorway, tears brimming my eyes.

"No reason at all." I sighed. Before leaving his room I kneeled to look under his bed, paranoia getting to me. I stood over Sherlock and looked at him when I noticed red lipstick on his cheek. A kiss... I quickly walked over to the window and peered out it. I shook my head, locked the window and left his room, slamming the door closed.

"What- what's wrong?" John asked.

"Nothing. Can I stay in your room tonight? Upstairs?" I pressed.

"Sounds to me you need it. Go ahead," John said.

"Thank you," I said, my voice cracking as I ran upstairs.

I walked down the stairs to see the boys sitting at the table in the living room. John was eating, and Sherlock had the paper in his hands. I walked in and quickly over to Sherlock, hugging him. He held onto me, which surprised me. I heard a man clear their throat, knowing it wasn't John. I turned to see Mycroft across the room.

"The photographs are perfectly safe." Sherlock continued the conversation they must be having. Sherlock kept his arm around my waist as I leaned against him.

"In the hands of a fugitive sex worker," Mycroft responded.

"She's not interested in blackmail. She wants ... protection for some reason. I take it you've stood down the police investigation into the shooting at her house?" Sherlock asked. I sat there and eyed Sherlock. He's still going on about this...

"How can we do anything while she has the photographs? Our hands are tied." Mycroft stated.

"She'd applaud your choice of words," Sherlock remarked as John smirked. I stood there, uneasy. "You see how this works: that camera phone is her "Get out of jail free" card. You have to leave her alone. Treat her like royalty, Mycroft." Sherlock said.

"Though not the way she treats royalty," John added as he smiled sarcastically. Suddenly, we all heard a female moaning sound. I looked down at Sherlock, which is where I was certain the sound came from.

"What was that?" John asked, quickly looking to me.

"Text," Sherlock stated, emotionless.

"But what was that noise?" John pressed. He was doing the investigating for me. However, I looked over Sherlock's shoulder at the message.

"Good morning, Mr. Holmes."

That bitch.

"Did you know there were other people after her too, Mycroft, before you sent John and me in there? CIA-trained killers, at an excellent guess." Sherlock continued the conversation, ignoring the text.

"Yeah, thanks for that, Mycroft," John added. "Almost killed Liz."

"She wouldn't have died," Sherlock said pulling me tighter against him.

Mrs. Hudson came in with a plate of food and sat it in front of Sherlock.

"Dear, there's more food in the kitchen would you like a plate?" She asked me.

"No, I'm fine," I said.

"It's a disgrace, sending your little brother into danger like that. Family is all we have in the end, Mycroft Holmes." Mrs. Hudson turned to scold the elder Holmes brother.

"Oh, shut up, Mrs. Hudson." Mycroft snapped.

"MYCROFT!" Sherlock, John and me yelled furiously at him.

"Apologies," Mycroft said to Mrs. Hudson.

"Thank you." Mrs. Hudson said, returning to the kitchen.

"Though do, in fact, shut up," Sherlock added as she walked away. I went to say something when Sherlock's phone went off again, moaning. Mrs. Hudson heard it this time,

"Ooh. It's a bit rude, that noise, isn't it?" She asked.

"Very," I stated, getting angry. I read over Sherlock's shoulder again.

Feeling better?

"There's nothing you can do and nothing she will do as far as I can see," Sherlock said setting his phone back down.

"I can put maximum surveillance on her," Mycroft said. I nodded to Mycroft as the other boys didn't see me.

"Why bother? You can follow her on Twitter. I believe her user name is "TheWhipHand." Sherlock said, and I cringed.

"Yes. Most amusing." Mycroft said as his phone went off. "'Scuse me," Mycroft said and walked into the hall.

"Why does your phone make that noise?" John asked lowly.

"What noise?" Sherlock asked innocently.

"That noise – the one it just made." John pushed.

"It's a text alert. It means I've got a text." Sherlock replied. I took a deep breath, trying to calm down. It's not as we're together... right?

"Hmm. Your texts don't usually make that noise." John added.

"Well, somebody got hold of the phone and apparently, as a joke, personalized their text alert noise."

"Liz, did you by any chance change your text tone?" John asked me.

"No. I. Did. Not." I stated coldly. The phone went off again, and I stood up walking out. I realized my purse was in the living room and sighed as I turned and marched back up the stairs and into the flat to see Sherlock in Mycroft's face.

"Irene Adler is no longer any concern of yours. From now on you will stay out of this." Mycroft said to Sherlock, and I internally felt myself relax, of course until Sherlock spoke.

"Oh, will I?" Sherlock asked.

"Yes, Sherlock, you will. And Liz will make sure of that," He said.

"Whoa, what? Don't drag me into this shitty mess you caused Mycroft." I snapped and grabbed my purse.

"Where are you going!" Sherlock shouted at me.

"Out!" I yelled back.  

_______________________________________________________________

Well, thoughts? :) Comment and vote!! :) 

Yes, a lot of this is exactly from the show, just wait a bit.