21. "Meat."

Lestrade had Gary, the manager and Billy the chef at a table and Lestrade sat on the other side of the table reading the paperwork. Sherlock made John a cup of coffee and brought it over to him.

"What's this?" John asked.

"Coffee. I made coffee." Sherlock shrugged.

"You never make coffee."

"I just did. Don't you want it?" Sherlock offered.

"You don't have to keep apologizing," John said. Sherlock frowned that John wouldn't take the coffee. I went to take it when John did, and I stood there, bringing my attention back to Lestrade. "Thanks," John said. Sherlock smiled, and John took a sip then looked like he was going to spit it back out.

"Mm. I don't take sugar..." John commented. Sherlock looked sad again, and John sighed but took another drink of the coffee.

"These records go back nearly two months," Lestrade said.

"That's nice. That's good." John said and put down his mug while Lestrade continued.

"Is that when you had the idea after the TV show went out?"

"It's me. It was me. I'm sorry, Gary – I couldn't help it. I had a bacon sandwich at Cal's wedding, and one thing just led to another..." The chef, Billy confessed. Sherlock smirked and grabbed my hand. He peeked into John's mug, and I squeezed his hand, just to show him I appreciated the gesture. However, he nodded his head to the door, and I looked at him confused. He led me into the little entry hall and pushed me against the wall.

"Sher-," he kissed me and slid his hands to my side inside my jacket.

"So, you believe him about having the dog destroyed?" I heard Lestrade ask John as they entered the hall. Sherlock pulled back, and we both noticed them staring. Sherlock was probably listening to the whole conversation going on between Lestrade, Gary, and Billy but I was too caught up in him to listen as well.

"No reason not to." Sherlock shrugged. Lestrade and John smirked as I looked at Sherlock and noticed my metallic-like lip gloss was on his lips. He looked at them confused, then in the mirror beside my head that faced the entrance.

"Brilliant," he sighed sarcastically wiping at his lips.

"Well, hopefully, there's no harm done. Not quite sure what I'd charge him with anyway. I'll have a word with the local Force." Lestrade said nodding to us. "Right, that's that, then. Catch you later." Lestrade smiled at us. "I'm enjoying this! It's nice to get London out of your lungs!" Lestrade said. John watched him walk out and then turned to us.

"So that was their dog that people saw out on the moor?" John asked.

"Looks like it," Sherlock said as we walked outside.

"But that wasn't what you saw. That wasn't just an ordinary dog." John said, and I shook my head. Sherlock was also shaking his head as he looked off in the distance.

"No. It was immense, had burning red eyes and it was glowing, John. Its whole body was glowing." Sherlock described it. He shook off the memory then walked us toward the car.

"I've got a theory, but I need to get back into Baskerville to test it," Sherlock said.

"Should I go back inside?" I asked.

"No, you're coming. I need something to distract me." He smirked. I physically, and noticeably, shivered at his words and he noticed, smirking.

"You two trying to figure out what your children would look like in the lab or something?" John asked. Sherlock and I both glared at him. "Anyway, how? Can't pull off the ID trick again." John said.

"Might not have to," Sherlock said pulling out his phone and hitting the One. Hmm, someone on speed dial... Mycroft?

"Hello, brother dear. How are you?" Sherlock asked smirking at us.

"Afternoon, sir. If you could turn the engine off." The security guard asks Sherlock. Sherlock handed the man his ID pass as he switched off the car. Sherlock held my hand as I sat passenger, John in the backseat. "Thank you." The guard said. They checked over the car while the guard swiped Sherlock's car.

"I need to see Major Barrymore as soon as we get inside," Sherlock whispered back to John.

"Right," John said.

"Which means you'll have to start the search for the hound," Sherlock explained.

"Okay," John said.

"In the labs; Stapleton's first," Sherlock added as the guard brought back the ID card.

"Could be dangerous," Sherlock added quick and quietly as Sherlock restarted the car and drove onto the base.

Sherlock and I walked into a man's office, and the man began to get snotty to Sherlock.

"Oh, you know I'd love to. I'd love to give you unlimited access to this place. Why not?" the man said. I read the plaque on his desk, Major Barrymore.

"It's a simple enough request, Major," Sherlock said respectfully.

"I've never heard of anything so bizarre," Major replied.

"You're to give me twenty-four hours. It's what I've... negotiated." Sherlock said.

"Not a second more. I may have to comply with this order, but I don't have to like it." The man said. Sherlock and I went to walk out when the man said something else.

"I don't know what you expect to find here anyway." He said.

"Perhaps the truth," Sherlock said turning back around.

"About what? Oh, I see. The big coat should have told me." The man replied and Sherlock frowned. "You're one of the conspiracy lot, aren't you?" He smirked as Sherlock rolled his eyes.

"Well, then, go ahead, seek them out: the monsters, the death rays, the aliens."

"Have you got any of those?" Sherlock asked nonchalantly as the Major rolled his eyes. "Oh, just wondering."

"A couple. Crash landed here in the sixties. We call them Abbott and Costello." He said sarcastically. "Good luck, Mr. Holmes."

__________________________________________________________

Well I'll keep it simple. :) Vote and Comment! :)