39. "Bomb."

Sherlock began skyping with Howard Shilcott and I sat at the kitchen table behind the laptop, watching Sherlock.

"There's nothing down there, Mr. Holmes, I told you. No sidings, no ghost stations."

"There has to be. Check again." Sherlock said as I was flipping through a few books trying to help them, however I felt as if I wasn't helping at all.

"Look – this whole area is a big mess of old and new stuff. Charing Cross is made up of bits of older stations like Trafalgar Square, Strand..." John said.

"No, it's none of those. We've accounted for those." Sherlock said reading off a map.

"St Margaret's Street, Bridge Street, Parliament Street..." Sherlock began. I stood next to him.

"You missed Sumatra Road," I said.

"Hang on, hang on. Sumatra Road. You mentioned Sumatra Road." Howard said. "There is something. I knew it rang a bell. Where is it?" Howard continued. Sherlock turned to look at me and kissed me.

"What would I do without you?" he asked pulling me into his arms.

"There was a station down there." Howard said. 

"Well, why isn't it on the maps?" John asked.

"'Cause it was closed before it ever opened." Howard responded.

"What?" John asked.

"They built the platforms, even the staircases, but it all got tied up in legal disputes, so they never built the station on the surface." Howard said pulling up a map to show us on the screen. Sherlock thought for a moment.

"It's right underneath the Palace of Westminster."

"And so what's down there? A bomb?" John asked. "Oh..." John said quickly grabbing his coat and walking after Sherlock.

"Guys-,"

"Don't come. Might be dangerous." Sherlock said to me. I frowned as he kissed me and walked out.

I sat in the living room and turned on the news.

"With many commentators saying the vote on the terrorism Bill will be too close to call, MPs are now making their way into the Chamber for what the government is calling the most important vote of this parliament. Over now to our..." I sighed bored and flipped to another channel.

"What freedoms exactly are we protecting if we start spying on our own people? This is an Orwellian measure on a scale unprecedented..." I groaned and turned off the TV walking to Sherlock's room and climbed in his bed, pulling the blankets over me.

I woke up the next morning and heard Sherlock on the phone next to me.

"Oh, I'm sorry, brother dear, but you made a promise. There's nothing I can do to help." Sherlock smirked. I watched Sherlock hang up and he turned to look at me splayed out across the bed.

"Get up. Breakfast soon," Sherlock smiled at me.

"Soon?" I groaned as I sat up.

"Yeah, there's reporters outside. They want to know about last night-,"

"What did happen?" I asked.

"We stopped a bomb." Sherlock shrugged.

"A bomb! Sherlock Holmes-!"

"We stopped it." He reminded me.

"Come on. You'll have to go down. They want the story." John said rushing into the bedroom. Sherlock sighed and rolled his eyes.

"In a minute." Sherlock responded closing the door in John's face. I laughed as I stood up and changed into jeans and a nice purple shirt to match Sherlock's. He noticed and eyed my shirt before pecking my lips. "Let's go," Sherlock said leading me out.

:Oh, I'm really pleased, Mary. Have you set a date?" I heard Mrs. Hudson's voice ring through the flat.

"Er, well we thought May." Mary said as I stood behind John's chair and smiled at Mary who sat on the couch with Mrs. Hudson.

"Oh! Spring wedding!"

"Yeah. Well, once we've actually got engaged." Mary said pointedly and I smirked.

"Yeah." John agreed.

"We were interrupted last time." Mary smirked.

Sherlock smiled as I realized Lestrade was standing by the door.

"Well, I can't wait." He said raising his glass in a toast. John put on his jacket and smiled kindly to Lestrade as Sherlock walked over to the window.

"You will be there, Sherlock? Liz?" Mary asked with a smile.

"Weddings – not really my thing." Sherlock said. I turned to look at him when he winked. I smiled and so did she.

"Yeah, I plan on it." I smiled. The door opened and Molly entered.

"Hello, everyone." Molly's voice rang though the flat.

"Hey, Molly." John smiled. I looked at the man with Molly and eyed him. Then looked at Sherlock, then back to the man.

"This is Tom. Tom, this is everyone." Molly introduced.

"Hi." Tom said. If I wasn't mistaking I'd say Molly found an exact photocopy of Sherlock. Just not with dark brown hair and a pale complexion.

"Hi." Lestrade said to Tom.

"Hello," I smiled at him.

"It's really nice to meet you all." Tom smiled. John grinned at Tom then finally snapped back into it.

"I'm John." He said shaking Tom's hand. "Good to meet you."

"Ready?" Sherlock asked, still looking out the window.

"Ready." John responded.

Sherlock stopped dead in his tracks and looked at Tom. Tom looked at him almost just as shocked as Sherlock.

"Champagne?" Lestrade asked.

"Yes." Molly smiled. Sherlock shook Tom's hand and he peeked at Molly before walking to the door.

"Sit down, love." Mrs. Hudson said kindly to Tom.

"Oh, thanks." Tom said taking a seat on the couch. I pulled up John's chair and sat next to Tom by the side of the couch.

"So, you're Sherlock's girlfriend, then?" Tom asked me. I cautiously peeked over at Molly who was talking to Lestrade.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"She's told me a lot of nice stories about him. Seems like a great man,"

"Yeah, I think he is."

"I would hope so," Tom smiled with a slight giggle.

__________________________________________________________________

So I think i did something to my elbow. It really hurts. :(

Vote and comment for more !! :)