37. "Parents."

I sat in Sherlock's lap in his chair later that night and we went from talking to kissing within three minutes. Not pulling away from one another we heard Mrs. Hudson down stairs.

"Oh, Mrs Hudson." I heard a woman's voice. "Sorry – I-I think someone's got John – John Watson." The voice continued. Sherlock pulled back and I sat there dazed.

"Wh-?" I began when I heard footsteps on the stairs. I stood up and Sherlock walked to the doorway.

"Hang on! Who are you?" Mrs. Hudson asked.

"Oh, I'm his fiancé." I smiled realizing Mary was downstairs.

"Mary? What's wrong?" Sherlock asked meeting her at the landing.

"Someone sent me this. At first I thought it was just a Bible thing, you know, spam, but it's not. It's a skip-code." She said handing Sherlock her phone. Sherlock eyed it and after only a moment or so he pulled it together.

"First word, then every third. Save... John... Watson." He began then Mary pulled up the next message. "Now!" Sherlock added quickly running down the stairs. Mary and I followed Sherlock.

"Where are we going?" Mary asked.

"St. James the Less. It's a church. Twenty minutes by car." Sherlock said. He looked over at me quickly,

"Stay here." He said.

"What?!" I asked.

"Don't fight me right now. STAY HERE." Sherlock ordered as he stepped out into the street.

"Did you drive here?" He asked Mary.

"Yes." She replied.

"It's too slow. It's too slow." Sherlock repeated to himself. A car swerved around him and I held my head, not wanting to yell at him but also wanting to tell him to get out of the damn road.

"Sherlock, what are we waiting for?" Mary asked. Sherlock turned toward a motorcycle heading his way and held his hand up.

"This." Sherlock said. They climbed on the motorcycle and I sighed turning to walk back inside the flat.

After about four hours Sherlock returned home. I stood up quickly and looked at him.

"John is fine."

"Oh, thank god." I sighed. He removed his coat and I looked at him again. "And you two?"

"We didn't talk," he shrugged.

"You saved his life." I scoffed.

"Yeah, well I think he was still a bit startled." Sherlock shrugged when he looked at his phone. "Oh. Lovely." He sighed.

"What?"

"My parents are coming." He said.

"When?"

"Tomorrow."

"Great." I smiled.

"Great?"

"Yeah, I get to meet them then?" I asked walking over to him and placing my arms around his neck.

"You want to meet them?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yes! I want to see them!" I smiled. He shook his head and wrapped his arms around me.

"Okay. Well you better get some rest, they'll be here quite early. They'll probably want to have tea." He said. I nodded and he let go walking over to the kitchen table.