57. "AMMO."

I sat at home when I received a text from Sherlock.

"Meet at Mycroft's Office- SH"

I got up and tabbed my belongings heading off into London. As I walked down the little hall to his office I opened the door to hear Mycroft,

"Agra? A city on the banks of the river Yamuna in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh, India. It is three hundred and seventy-eight kilometres west of the state capital, Lucknow..." he said.

"What are you, Wikipedia?" Sherlock asked. I smirked and walked further into the room.

"Yes. Ah, hello again Liz." Mycroft said. I smiled at him and

"AGRA is an acronym." Sherlock said.

"Oh, good. I love an acronym. All the best secret societies have them." Mycroft smiled.

"Team of agents, the best. But you know all that."

"Of course I do. Go on."

"One of them, Ajay, is looking for Mary, also one of the team." Sherlock said.

"Indeed? Well, that's news to me."

"Is it?" Sherlock asked, not believing his brother. "He's already killed looking for that memory stick. AGRA always worked for the highest bidder. I thought that might include you."

"Me?" Mycroft frowned.

"Well, I mean the British government or whatever government you're currently propping up."

"AGRA were very reliable; then came the Tbilisi incident. They were sent in to free the hostages but it all went horribly wrong. And that was that. We stopped using freelancers."

"Your initiative?"

"My initiative. Freelancers are too woolly; too messy. I don't like loose ends – not on my watch."

"There was something else; a detail, a code word." Sherlock said grabbing a notebook and jotting down the word AMMO.

"AMMO"?" Mycroft asked.

"It's all I've got." Sherlock said.

"Little enough." Mycroft responded.

"Could you do some digging, as a favor?"

"You don't have many favors left." Mycroft smirked.

"Then I'm calling them all in."

"And if you can find who's after her and neutralize them, what then? You think you can go on saving her forever?"

"Of course."

"Is that sentiment talking?"

"No. It's me."

"Difficult to tell the difference these days." Mycroft said peeking at me.

"Told you: I made a promise, a vow."

"All right. I'll see what I can do. But remember this, brother mine: agents like Mary tend not to reach retirement age. They get retired in a pretty permanent sort of way."

"Not on my watch."

**************************

Sherlock and I sat in front of a young man, our legs crossed on the floor.
"Not like this, my friend. You haven't got a chance, not a chance. I've got you where I want you. Give in! Give in! I will destroy you. You're completely at my mercy."
"Mr. Baker. Well, that completes the set." Sherlock said.
"No it does not." The boy said.
"Well, who else am I missing?"
"Master Bun. It's not a set without him. How many more times, Mr Sherlock?" the boy named Karim said. Mary walked in and I smiled at her.
"Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with the concept." Sherlock said and I smiled at him as he looked over at Mary. "Oh, hi, Mary."
"What concept?" Karim asked.
"Happy families." Sherlock responded and I smiled at Mary. "Nice trip?"
"How the f..." she began but Sherlock interrupted.
"Please, Mary. There is a child present." Sherlock said and she sighed.
"How did you get in here?!"
"Karim let me in." Sherlock smiled as Karim waved.
"Hello." He said. She nodded and pulled the scarf she had over her head down to her shoulders showing a her hair which was now short and dark.
"Karim, would you be so kind as to fetch us some tea?" Sherlock asked.
"Sure."
"Thank you." Sherlock said as Karim looked over at Mary.
"Nice to meet you, missus." He said. Mary just stared after the kid then looked at Sherlock and me.
"No, I-I-I mean how did you find me?" Mary asked.
"I'm Sherlock Holmes." He said and I put my arm through his holding him close.

"No, really, though, how? Every movement I made was entirely random; every new personality just on the roll of a dice!" she said.
"Mary, no human action is ever truly random. An advanced grasp of the mathematics of probability mapped onto a thorough apprehension of human psychology and the known dispositions of any given individual can reduce the number of variables considerably. I myself know of at least fifty-eight techniques to refine this seemingly infinite array of randomly generated possibilities down to the smallest number of feasible variables." He said and she nodded. "But they're really difficult, so instead I just ... stuck a tracer on the inside of the memory stick." He laughed and her mouth dropped, but she as well, laughed.
"Oh, you bastard! You bastard!"
"I know, but your face!" Sherlock said and I laughed as well.
""The mathematics of probability"?!" she said.
"You believed that."
" "Feasible variables"!" she added.
"Yes. I started to run out about then." He admitted and I kissed his cheek, his smile widening.
"In the memory stick!" Mary said exasperated.
"Yeah, that was my idea." John said coming in from the back. She turned and faced him.

"We'll leave you two be," I said standing up and helping Sherlock to his feet.

We walked outside and the sand on the ground blew around as I pulled Sherlock's arm around me. We walked along the people and the small markets and Sherlock pulled me to turn toward him.

"Look, Liz I know I've said I'm not good with the happy family thing and such..." he began.

"Yeah," I shrugged and wrapped my arms around his neck. He wrapped his around my waist and pressed his forehead to mine.

"Should we? Would you like to? Uh... I don't know how to do this... Would you like to, uh, marry me?" he asked. I froze. I pulled my head back from Sherlock and stared at him. "Liz?" he asked. I still stood there, tears began falling down my cheeks though. "I did it wrong, didn't I?" he asked beginning to panic.

"No! No, Sherlock." I began and let myself cry as I pressed my lips to his.

"I'm confused." He said.

"Of course I'll marry you," I rolled my eyes kissing him again.

______________________________________________

Comment and vote 

[This is fixed now from my mistakes :) ].