44. "Reception Pt. 3"

I sat in Sherlock's chair as he looked up at the wall behind the sofa. Mary was sitting at the dining table and John was across from me in his chair.

"Need to work on your half of the church, Mary. Looking a bit thin." Sherlock said.

"Ah, orphan's lot. Friends – that's all I have. Lots of friends." Mary said. Sherlock had everything divided by Transportation, Catering, Rehearsal, Wine, and other foods etc. Mary had a little cardboard cut out 3D model of the venue for their reception.

"Schedule the organ music to begin at precisely 11:48," Sherlock said.

"But the rehearsal's not for another two weeks. Just calm down." Mary smiled at him. She peeked over at me and I smirked as Sherlock looked between us.

"Calm? I am calm. I'm extremely calm." Sherlock replied.

"Let's get back to the reception, come on." Mary said. He walked over to the table and sat with Mary.

"John's cousin. Top table?" She asked Sherlock handing him the RSVP card.

"Hmm. Hates you. Can't even bear to think about you." Sherlock deduced from the card.

"Seriously?" Mary asked.

"Second class post, cheap card... bought at a petrol station. Look at the stamp: three attempts at licking. She's obviously unconsciously retaining saliva." Sherlock said.

"Ah. Let's stick her by the bogs."

"Oh yes." Sherlock said and I couldn't help but giggle.

"Who else hates me?" I heard Mary ask quietly. I walked over and noticed Sherlock with a long list of names.

"Oh great – thanks." She frowned at it. Sherlock had this wedding under control... it was kind of scary, but made me wonder if we would get married... and if we would... would he act the same?

"Priceless painting nicked. Looks interesting." I heard John said. I stood behind Sherlock and gripped his shoulders.

"Table four..." Mary began when Sherlock spoke up,

"Done."

""My husband is three people."" John read again off his phone, again, I squeezed Sherlock's shoulders. He just leaned his head back and kissed under my chin.

"Table five." Mary said.

"Major James Sholto. Who he?" Sherlock asked.

"Oh, John's old commanding officer. I don't think he's coming." Mary said.

"He'll be there." John said.

"Well, he needs to RSVP, then." She said.

"He'll be there." John stated.

"Mmm..." Mary rolled her eyes.

" "My husband is three people." It's interesting. Says he has three distinct patterns of moles on his skin." John read off his phone.

"Sherlock, that sounds like a good case," I smiled. We've been trying to get him out of the flat for a few days now, but he's more focused on the wedding than anything else.

"Identical triplets – one in half a million births. Solved it without leaving the flat. Now, serviettes." Sherlock said as he stood up and pulled out a tray from under the coffee table with two towels folded differently. He motioned to them and looked up at Mary as he sat on the floor.

"Swan, or Sydney Opera House?" he asked.

"Where'd you learn to do that?!" Mary asked smiling then looking up at me as I held my hand up to my face.