90. "Explained."

Fourteen Years Ago

Sherlock's POV

"Why am I here?" I snapped sitting in front of Mycroft's desk.

"We have some business to discuss." Mycroft stated.

"I don't have any business with you."

"Just bring her in for gods sakes I can't get through to him, maybe she can."

"What? You think a shrink is going to-," I began to burst when I turned around to see Liz standing in the doorway.

"What? You're dead!"

"Ha, sound familiar?" she asked with a smirk.

"You-,"

"Played your game against you? Yeah, calm down big guy."

"But I saw you-,"

"Mycroft was there first. He was keeping an eye on us. He saved me." She said. I looked between Mycroft and Liz.

"Wh-," I was at a loss for words and Liz frowned pulling me into her arms.

"I heard about your sudden drug use... maybe you'll stop now? You stopped when you were with me. I'm okay. Please stop! And take care of my damn kids." She scolded hitting the back of my head. I stood there still keeping my arms around her.

"What about you?"

"She's staying here for right now. It'll be best. There might be some terrorist activity, and you two might have walked right into it."

"What? The maid?"

"No. The homeowner wasn't murdered for no reason, Sherlock you should be connecting this by now."

"I'm a little slow right now." I responded with a shrug.

"Liz, you can go back now." Mycroft said. Liz nodded and kissed me one last time before she walked through the halls. "She's alive, and doing very well. Please go back to Baker Street and do... well... whatever it is you do." Mycroft added.

PRESENT

Jade's POV

I walked downstairs and jumped at the sudden movement from the kitchen.

"Sorry!" my mom frowned. I held my hand to my chest in shock and lowered it once I realized it was her.

"It's fine. Just not used to having you around yet."

"Right. Well, pancakes?" she asked.

"Sure." I shrugged. I walked into the kitchen and sat at the kitchen table. She got dad to clean off the rest of the table, EXCEPT for one corner- his corner. I pulled out my phone to see a few texts from classmates and I slid my phone back in my pocket.

"Your dad's not here right now, so tell me. Any cute guys at school?" she asked with a smile across her face.

"Ha. Not even remotely close." I shrugged.

"Really? That's disappointing. How do you make it through your day with nothing to stare at?" she joked.

"There's this one guy, but dad would kill me."

"Who is it?"

"Dad had a case with him... well he was the one who got arrested."

"For?"

"He killed a man- who asked to be killed- but he still got in trouble."

"Well-,"

"Yeah, I know."

"Why do you like him? Have you been in contact?"

"No. He's just walked me home a few times."

"Goes to school with you?"

"No. He's a little older."

"What's he look like?"

"Short black hair, blue eyes, tall-,"

"Sounds like your dad."

"They don't look the same, I'm just bad at describing." I stated.

"Well, I'd love to meet him."

"Really?"

"Sure. I don't know how or when, but we'll figure it out." 

_______________________________________________________________

I'm brainstorming. Trying to get the last few chapters up to better standards. :)