84. "Can't Keep It Inside."

Five Months Later

"WILLIAM SHERLOCK SCOTT HOLMES!" I barked. Sherlock came running into the living room, two beakers in his hands, and goggles on. "IT'S TIME." I groaned gripping onto my stomach.

"Oh! Okay. Okay. Breath in," he began and I took a deep breath. "Breathe out." he continued as he sat everything down and searched for his phone. "Breathe in..." he added and I took another breath. "John, John! It's time! What do I do?" Sherlock asked nervously.

"AH!" I yelled feeling another contraction.

"Okay. Oh! Breath out, dear!" Sherlock said and hung up, tossing his phone on the table. He grabbed my arm and helped me get down the stairs. "Mrs. Hudson!" Sherlock called. Mrs. Hudson walked out and looked at us. "Can I use your car?" he asked.

"Oh of course dear, one moment." She said rushing back into her flat. I doubled over and Sherlock helped me stand up straight. She returned and tossed the keys to Sherlock, who wasn't ready and dropped them at his feet.

"Damn." He muttered. He quickly picked them up as we walked out to her car.

***********************

"August 10th, 2016 at 4:15pm. Jade and Alexander Holmes were born!" John announced happily entering the flat. Both babies in my arms. "Oh! I'll take one! Where's Sherlock?" he asked.

"Here." Sherlock responded walking in with groceries.

"What's-,"

"Diapers, bottles, wipes..." Sherlock rambled off the list I gave him and John turned to look at me, an eyebrow quirked up in amusement.

"Sherlock went shopping?"

"He did." I smiled and held Jade in my arms as I walked over to Sherlock and pecked his lips.

"Give." Sherlock said holding out his hands to me.

"No!"

"She's mine. Give her to me."

"She's mine too, and I want her."

"Here. Take your son-,"

"No. I want my daughter." Sherlock growled, pulling Jade from my arms. I rolled my eyes and took Alexander from John.

"That's... weird. Why's he being like that?" John whispered to me as we stood in the kitchen.

"I don't know. He's been like that since we brought her home." I shrugged.

"Picking favorites already, are we?" John asked walking into the living room where Sherlock stood at the window, holding his daughter to his chest.

"She can't get hurt."

"And Alexander?"

"He's fine. He'll be a fighter. Just like his mother." Sherlock stated turning to smile at me.

"Don't tell me you experimented already?" I sighed with a smirk.

"I haven't... yet..."

"You won't!" I corrected.

"I will in the near future." Sherlock shrugged.

"Right. Well, I need to get home to Rosie. She's becoming quite the demanding child."

"Terrible two's are coming." I smiled.

"Don't remind me."

"Are we still having her birthday party here next week?" I asked.

"Ah, I was thinking we should have it at our place. If you, Sherlock and the kids want to stop by, feel free. I just don't think you guys should have a lot of company with new little ones and all the germs."

"Oh. You're right. Sherlock, did you pick up the-,"

"Yes. I will scrub everything down tonight when Jade goes to bed." Sherlock said.

"Alright." I said skeptically.

"This is weird."

"I think it's just a phase. When he realizes, she barfs and poops the adoring little child he's holding will turn into Satan. Just wait for it." I smirked.

"Ha. Right. I'll see you two later, alright?" he asked.

"Yep. Bye." I smiled. John left and I looked down in my arms to see Alex had fallen asleep. I kissed the top of his head and walked back to the crib we placed in front of Sherlock's bed. I put him down and walked out to the living room to see Sherlock swaying back in forth, still looking out the window. He held Jade close to his chest and rested his cheek on the top of her head.

"Hey, I'm heading to bed." I said lightly.

"Alright." Sherlock shrugged. I walked back to our room and laid in bed when I heard Sherlock's voice, quietly.

"Well I've never been a man of many words. And there's nothing I could say that you haven't heard. But I'll sing you songs 'till the day I die. The way I'm feeling I can't keep it inside. I'll sing you a sweet serenade whenever you're feeling sad. And a lullaby each night before you go to bed I'll sing to you for the rest of your life. The way I'm feeling I can't keep it inside. No I can't keep it inside." Sherlock's voice sang quietly. I smiled to myself and closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep. 

_______________________________________________________

Yes I used the song Benedict sang in August: Osage County and got rid of the "love" part. C'mon. He's Sherlock! Lol. Still, hope you liked it! The song is above. 

Comment and Vote!