60. "Norbury."

"You've been having dreams. A recurring dream?" Ella, John's therapist said. "D'you want to talk about it?" She asked. She waited as I heard the clock tick. "This is a two-way relationship, you know. The whole world has come crashing down around you. Everything's hopeless, irretrievable. I know that's what you must feel, but I can only help you if you completely open yourself up to me." She said. I turned to look at Sherlock and frowned.

"That's not really my style. I need to know what to do." Sherlock said, clearly not okay with me dragging him here.

"Do?" Ella asked.

"About John." Sherlock sighed.

*******************

"Nothing will ever be the same again, will it?" Mrs. Hudson asked as I sat in Sherlock's lap on his chair.

"I'm afraid it won't." Sherlock replied.

"We'll have to rally round, I expect. Do our bit. Look after little Rosie." Mrs. Hudson said crying. My share of tears stopped a few hours ago. The last several hours have gone by in blurs.

"Just going to, um... look through these things. There might be a case." Sherlock said trying to distract himself.

"A case?" Mrs. Hudson asked as he motioned to me to grab his laptop. I did and handed it to him. He sat it in my lap using me like a tabletop.

"Oh. You're not up to it, are you?" she asked him. I could tell he wasn't the same.

"Work is the best antidote to sorrow, Mrs. Hudson." Sherlock said kindly.

"Yes, yes, I expect you're right. I'll make some tea, shall I?" Mrs. Hudson asked and I nodded appreciatively.

"Mrs. Hudson?"

"Yes, Sherlock?" she asked. He blinked a bit and glanced over at her, before looking back at his laptop.

"If you ever think I'm becoming a bit... full of myself, cocky or... over-confident..." he began.

"Yes?"

"Would you just say the word 'Norbury' to me, would you?" he asked.

"Norbury."

"Just that. I'd be very grateful." Sherlock said. I frowned at him and kissed his cheek, moving his hair slightly out of his face.

"What's this?" Sherlock asked noticing a disc next to his chair.

"Oh, I brought that up. It was mixed up with my things." Mrs. Hudson. Said. Sherlock opened the envelope and pulled out a DVD. The words written across it made Sherlock and I exchange a look.

"MISS ME?"

"Oh God. Is that..." Mrs. Hudson began.

"Must be." Sherlock said.

"Oh!" Mrs. Hudson said as she stood over us as the disc loads.

"I knew it wouldn't end like this. I knew Moriarty made plans." Sherlock said. Although when the screen loaded, we didn't see Moriarty, we saw Mary.

She smiled into the camera and rolled her eyes.

"Thought that would get your attention." Mary's voice rang. I put my hand over my mouth, tears brimming my eyes. I felt Mrs. Hudson place a hand on my shoulder, along with one on Sherlock's.

"Oh!" She mumbled.

"So, this is in case... in case the day comes. If you are watching this, I'm ... probably dead. I hope I can have an ordinary life, but who knows? Nothing's certain; nothing's written. My old life – it was full of consequences. The danger was the fun part, but you can't outrun that forever. You need to remember that, so... I'm giving you a case, Sherlock." She began. Sherlock leaned forward, watching intensely. "Might be the hardest case of your career. When I'm ... gone – if I'm gone – I need you to do something for me." She began. I looked at Sherlock and he paused the video. Which surprised me.

"Sorry," he said and resumed it.

"Save John Watson. Save him, Sherlock. Save him. Go to hell Sherlock." She said. The disc clicked off and Sherlock looked at me. Tears fell down my cheeks as he pulled me close to him.

"We know what we need to do." He hummed.

We arrived at John's and Sherlock knocked on the door. Molly came out, holding Rosie.

"Hi Rose," I smiled and went to reach for her when Molly turned away slightly.

"I just ... wondered how things were going and ... and if there was anything I could do." Sherlock said as I stepped back beside him. Molly fidgeted and pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket.

"It's, uh, it's from John."

"Right." Sherlock nodded and took the paper.

"You don't need to read it now. I'm sorry, Sherlock. He says... Jo-John said if you two were to come round asking after him, offering to help..."

"Yes?"

"He ... said he'd r... that he'd rather have anyone but you two. Anyone." Molly said sadly, tears in her eyes. Sherlock pressed his lips together and Rosie reached out to me, but I didn't reach toward her. I watched as Molly walked back inside. Sherlock turned to me and opened the letter as we walked down the road. We reached the bridge when Sherlock finally spoke,

"When does the path we walk on lock around our feet? When does the road become a river with only one destination? Death waits for us all in Samarra. But can Samarra be avoided?" he asked me. I sighed and held his hand, walkingus back to Baker Street. 

________________________________________________________________

Darn. Cried once again.

Comment and Vote.