28. "Get Out!"

TWO MONTHS LATER.

"Sherlock Holmes: FRAUD" ha. Assholes. I thought to myself as I walked through the kitchen in Sherlock's shirt. My legs were freezing it was typically warm in the flat. Sherlock sat at the kitchen table and he looked over at me, a small smirk playing on his lips.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you have pants?"

"In my flat." I responded.

"Right. I think we should talk about that..." Sherlock began. My heart started pounding in my chest as he walked over to me.

"Wh-,"

"Don't talk. It'll mess this up. I had to practice a few times..." he began and I got even more nervous. "Look Liz, I've been thinking... you've been staying here quite a bit... why don't you just move in the flat with me?" he asked. I stared at him and let out a huge breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Oh. Yeah, yes I'd love to." I responded. He looked at me in confusion.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, no, I'm perfect? Why?"

"You're acting like I was going to ask you to commit a murder with me." He smirked.

"No, no. Just glad you asked me to move in!" I smiled putting my arms around his neck. I felt his arms wrap around my waist as he lifted me, kissed me, and spun me in his arms as there was a knock on the doorframe. I looked over Sherlock's shoulder as he sat me down and turned to look himself,

"Uh, w-we've got something." Lestrade said to Sherlock, Sargent Sally Donovan next to him. Sherlock turned to look at me and I kissed him again.

"I'll run downstairs and get changed." I smiled. He nodded and walked me to the door, kissing me again. "God, I'll be right back." I groaned as he kissed me two more times before I could walk down the stairs. I got dressed and walked back out of my flat to see John go running up the stairs saying,

"Sherlock, something weird... What's going on?" I followed John up and slid in the room past him sitting in Sherlock's lap on his chair.

"Kidnapping." Sherlock responded. "Hand me my laptop, dear." Sherlock said to me. I stood up and grabbed it off the table, handing it to him. I sat at the dining room table as John joined me.

"Rufus Bruhl, the ambassador to the U.S." Lestrade said.

"He's in Washington, isn't he?" John asked.

"Not him – his children, Max and Claudette, age seven and nine." Lestrade said as Sally showed John pictures of the two children. "They're at St Aldate's."

"Posh boarding place down in Surrey." Sally added.

"The school broke up; all the other boarders went home – just a few kids remained, including those two." Lestrade said to Sherlock who was typing madly on his computer.

"The kids have vanished." Sally said.

"The ambassador's asked for you personally." Lestrade said. Sherlock handed me his laptop to set down and he slid on his coat.

"The Reichenbach Hero." Sally said sarcastically. I went to say something when Sherlock walked over to me.

"I'll be back tonight. I might be in a bit late." He said quietly. He peeked over his shoulder to see everyone staring at him. "Go on," he ushered them. They all walked out and I stood on my tip-toes to kiss him.

"Twelve o'clock is love o'clock." I winked. He smiled at me pressing a longing kiss to my lips before walking out himself.

I sat in Sherlock's chair by the fire when I received a call from Sherlock.

"I'm not going to be home by twelve. Would you like to meet at Scotland Yard? We found the children." Sherlock said.

"Sure, I can hail a cab now?" I asked as I walked out of the flat.

"That'd be great. You'll be there a little before us. Wait outside Lestrade's office." He instructed.

"Alright. Sherlock?" I asked.

"Hm?" he hummed.

"I lo- I can't wait to see you," I said stopping myself.

"You just saw me earlier,"

"Yeah, I know. Sorry," I said hanging up while I climbed in a cab.

I got to Scotland Yard and walked in, pacing the halls when Sherlock and John came in. I smiled as Sherlock walked over to me. We waited outside an office for Lestrade. Sally came out and looked at me, then to Sherlock.

"Right, then. The professionals have finished. If the amateurs wanna go in and have their turn..." She said sarcastically. I never wanted to fight a bitch so much. Though I'd probably get arrested. Lestrade looked at Sherlock holding a hand to his chest,

"Now, remember, she's in shock and she's just seven years old, so anything you can do to..."

"...not be myself." Sherlock finished.

"Yeah. Might be helpful." Lestrade nodded. Sherlock looked over at John and put the collar of his coat down making me smile at Sherlock as he took my hand.

"Come with me," he said. I nodded and Sherlock led us into the room. A liaison officer sat beside the little girl, rubbing her arm to comfort her.

"Claudette, I..." Sherlock began when she began screaming uncontrollably. She looked terrified. Sherlock tensed up and I held his hand. "No-no, I know it's been hard for you..." he said in such a sweet voice. She scampered away from him as he tried one more time, "Claudette, listen to me..." Sherlock said as Lestrade came over and pushed Sherlock quickly out of the room, Sherlock still holding my hand, pulling me with them.

"Out. Get out!" Lestrade ordered.

_______________________________________________________________

Decided to add a photo this time :) 

Comment and vote! :)