78. "Elizabeth & Sherlock Holmes"

"It looks just as good as it did when you got it Liz," Tori sighed as she helped me zip up my dress.

"Thanks." I responded as I took deep breaths. "I'm extremely nervous." I laughed.

"Don't be! You two have been together for years now! It's not like it's something new. Take deep breaths." She laughed at me as Mrs. Hudson, Molly and John walked in.

"Oh, look at you!" Mrs. Hudson smiled and ran over hugging me.

"Have you guys seen my parents?" I asked.

"They're coming down the hall now." John said. I nodded and remembered the first night Sherlock met my parents.

****************

"And just like that, John shot the cabbie." Sherlock said as he paced around the living room. I looked to the door to see my mom and dad standing there, watching me closely.

"Mom! Dad! Oh my gosh what're you doing here?!" I asked.

"We wanted to see where you've been staying! Uh, who is this?"

"This is my friend, Sherlock Holmes." I introduced.

"Friend?" my mom asked.

"Sherlock Holmes, the detective?" My dad asked as my mom spoke.

"Yes. I'm a consulting detective, the only one in the world."

"He made the job," I said.

"Oh..." my mom said with wide eyes.

********************

"You look amazing Lizzie!" My mom smiled at me.

"Thanks mom," I smiled as she hugged me.

"I just saw Sherlock, he looks lovely as well."

"Great." I nodded.

"Whenever you're ready dear," My dad reminded me. I nodded and looked to everyone.

"Go sit down, we'll be out in a few minutes." I nodded. Everyone walked out leaving me and my dad in the dressing room.

"Are you sure about this?" he asked me.

"I've never been so sure about something in my life." I said slowly.

"Okay-,"

"Dad?" I asked.

"Yes, dear."

"Do you like him?"

"It's a little too late to say no now, isn't it?" he smirked. I frowned and he sighed. "I do. He's a great man. Massive intellect, which can be good and bad, but he'll keep you in shape. And that's what I want. I want you safe. And if it takes Sherlock Holmes to make you feel safe, then so be it." He said. I smiled, tears in my eyes. "Oh gosh, you couldn't have asked me after you say I do. Your makeup is going to get messed up!" he laughed. I smiled and he held his arm out to me. "Let's go." He said.

I never liked ceremonies as a kid, and even during my own I felt it went on and on. Sherlock continued to roll his eyes through the whole thing just wanting to slide on the rings and kiss in front of the whole room, which I never thought he would admit to. We walked into the reception hall and everyone clapped as Sherlock and I walked in dancing to Bang Bang by Ariana Grade, Jessie J and Nicki Minaj; which made several of our friends and family laugh. Sherlock was a bit loose thanks to the drinks in the limo on our way to the reception. We took our seats at the long table in the front of the room as there was the maid of honor speech first.

"Hi everyone. So, my friend Liz is someone you wouldn't expect to have just danced right into this reception hall, I guess we can thank alcohol for that amazing memory." She began and a few of us laughed a bit. "Liz, you have gone through a lot in your life. You lost your grandfather at a young age and that shaped you out to be one of the most caring people I have ever met. Someone could do you wrong so many times, and you'd still find a way to see the good in people. You would try your hardest at whatever you do, and I'm sure that's one of the many things Sherlock loves about you. You're determined and you cannot quit at something you care for passionately Like Sherlock himself. I know of all the times you've wanted to hit Sherlock with a frying pan and leave, but what's love without a little bit of irritation, right?" she asked and I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"You wanted to hit me with a frying pan?" Sherlock asked.

"Shh, listen." I said quickly, avoiding the question.

"Sherlock, ever since I've met you I have never seen the side she has talked about. You show nothing but love when you're with her. I feel she may have an amazing effect on you. I believe you also feel the change, judging by the fact we're even having this wedding in the first place. Liz mentioned you only ever said that you were married to your work. And now you're married to the one woman who can see you for Sherlock Holmes, the sentimental man she fell in love with. Instead of the psychopath-,"

"High functioning sociopath." Sherlock coughed as he took a drink of his water, trying to be slick.

"High functioning sociopath, right. Cause there is such a difference," She sighed. I laughed as Tori looked at me.

"Liz, I hope you stay as happy as you have been the last few years, and Sherlock, I hope you stay the caring man that I have had the privilege to meet." She finished. Everyone clapped and I leaned over to hug her.

"You're amazing." I said.

"Oh shush, John's turn." She said. John stood up and motioned over to Tori.

"Ah, Tori got a lot of what I wanted to say out of the way, but sadly there might be some repetition. The only reason being, Sherlock and Liz are rarely ever apart. Since Liz has shown up Sherlock has shown a completely different side of him that shocked me and many others. Sherlock is typically a complete utter cock-," John began and everyone laughed, even Sherlock. "But we wouldn't know him any other way- at least we though. Since Liz has been around Sherlock has changed himself in a way that could only be considered as improvement. We all love Sherlock for who he is. We love him for his cold statements and his honesty. Liz has woken up the human in him. We all have thought of him as a machine. Someone with no heart and no feelings whatsoever. Gladly, Liz came in, dealt with the storms that were known as hurricane Sherlock, and she stood strong during them all. I couldn't imagine these two without each other, and I know with each other. You two are going to be one of the strongest couples I have ever seen." He said. Everyone clapped once again and I wiped the tears from the corner of my eyes. "To Elizabeth and Sherlock Holmes!" John said lifting his glass.

Sherlock and I lifted ours before taking a drink.

___________________________________________________________________

Thank you guys so much for reading this story! Make sure you share this for other Sherlock fans to see as well! 

Comment and Vote! :)