Renjun: Day 2 (Real report)

Renjun: Day 2 (Real report), The architecture of the temple was amazing, mosaics, sculptures, a real pearl. There was a long queue, so I waited for 3 hours to get in, then the guide had told us about the history of the place. I asked about someone who is wise, wise enough to tell me something about love. He said there's a man, he's a hermit and is a hundred and two years old. I asked for a possibility to meet him and the guide knew someone, who knew the man's grandson. So in the humid afternoon, when the heat made my hair stick to my forehead and the shirt on my back sticky-wet from sweat, I found a narrow street where the man lived. He seemed nice, asked me about my project, posed for a photo, then told me he will lead me to his grandfather in the evening, so I returned to the hotel, bought a local shirt, maybe their fabric will make the heat bearable. I was thankful for the night, for the moment when the sun hid and the evening cooled a little.

I hoped the next stop on my journey will be nicer, still I took a long way, walked to the beach, my feet cooled down in the warm waves. I saw a few tourists mostly couples, posing to selfies and photos, I still have no idea if what they have is love, if it brings happiness.

Kiaru, the grandson met me in front of a late night market, he was happy, took me up town till we started to climb a mountain, six hundred stairs up. When I was barely able to stand on my feet from tiredness we saw a small house carved in into a cave in the rocks. The grandfather was sitting outside waiting, he offered me water. The moon was out, the city lights and ocean silent underneath us.

He made an old kerosene lamp work, so we sat down next to him.

"What brings you here?" he asked, his grandson needed to translate for him.

I introduced myself, told him about the purpose of your report, the possible article or book, depends on what we'll find.

"You want me to tell you what love is?" he asked and I nodded.

"Why do you think I know it?" he answered with a question.

I began to sweat, climbing six hundred stairs in the darkness for nothing seemed way too much.

"You've lived for so long you have the wisdom of a century," I answered.

He was looking at me for a long time.

"Love is," he said smiling with his teeth less smile.

"What do you mean!" I nearly jumped up.

He was only shaking his head.

I was upset when I left him, found my way down six hundred stairs, I'm as wise as before.

Has he lived 102 years to discover that love exists, that's it?

I could kick each tree and rock I've met, what if it's troublesome and stupid? What if love gives you pain only, and loneliness?

It must be more than this silly kissing couples, it must be! It has to be!

Much <3