Amy: Day 16

Amy: Day 16, The sun was high when I finally woke up, my body still tired but my mind felt fresh. I turned around noticing a plate with sandwiches on the bedside table, I smiled turning on the pillow, while my nose collided with Mark's shoulder. Yes he was still in bed as naked as always, I discovered when I moved my hand down his chest.

While I was still in my yesterday's dress and thighs.

"Good morning," whispered Mark kissing my nose.

"What time is it?" I muttered.

"2 p.m." he laughed.

"What," I rubbed my eyes.

It wasn't that surprising after nearly three sleepless days and nights.

"How was the prom?" I asked.

"Great, I couldn't imagine a better prom," he kissed my leg through the dress.

"I'll take a shower maybe I will wake up," I left the bed and he jumped up.

"I can help you," he muttered so I pulled him closer, yes moments later my dress was on the floor and we were kissing under the running water.

It was difficult to get dressed, to find strength to continue the broken day when I was wearing Mark's gray hoodie and cuddling into the boy on the couch.

Why was I so unable to let go, to leave his side, why was I needing him as daylight. And then Renjun filled my thoughts with worry. I treated him unfair, I gave him hope then destroyed it, I should have never, I felt like crying.

"Hey, what's up?" Mark noticed, he was revising for school, he closed the book rubbing my knee.

"Nothing I... I was on a trip with Renjun," I said.

Mark's hand stopped, he looked at me.

"I think Renjun likes you, I mean, I noticed how he's looking at you, he might have a crush," whispered Mark.

"I know," I said and he became a little pale.

"Oh!" he inhaled again.

"And he told me he likes me and asked me if I can kiss him, but I didn't, I just left him next to the lake and.... and I'm afraid he will hurt himself or something," I whispered.

Mark inhaled again, he was sitting in silence, I knew he was shocked, mad, hurt, everything.

"Why haven't you kissed him?" he asked quietly.

"Because I have you."

"I love you," he whispered grabbing my cheeks, fallong on my lips, kissing hungrily.

"Mark," I moved his hands off my face. "I know and it's... it's good, the thing we have but I'm worried that Renjun won't stand the rejection, he's my friend and I care for his safety," I said.

"But you don't love him right?" Mark was watching my eyes carefully.

"No," I said honestly.

He looked at me for a longer while until  his eyes glittered again.

He never asked me if I loved him, he has told me this three words so many times, muttered them each day before we fell asleep, but he has never heard them back still he never complained.

"What can we do to help him?" asked Mark instead.

"I asked Sicheng to call Renjun but he wrote me Renjun isn't picking up."

"Maybe I can call, no it's a bad idea," Mark moved his hand under his chin thinking hard.

"I'll call Sicheng again see what he's got," I dialed the boy's number.

He picked up soon, his voice was happy.

"Hi, I'm calling to ask if Renjun..." I had sent him a text doing prom, then another one explaining the situation between me and Renjun.

"Oh," his cheerful tone faded. "I was talking to Yuta a lot about it and we decided to change the journey a little, we're at the airport, we will visit Renjun and get him back together, don't worry," Sicheng smiled through the phone.

"Oh, that's, that's nice," I whispered.

I have never expected him to do things like that for the boy.

Mark smiled to me, his hand landed on my knee again rubbing it gently.

"Ok, let me know asap," I said and Sicheng agreed.

I ended the call then glanced at Mark, he was still smiling.

"You see, your friends are great, you only have amazing people as friends," he muttered.

"What," I laughed.

"Because you're amazing," he blushed hard.

I took his hand and kissed it, what was it, the way he made me feel amazing.

Much <3