Renjun: Day 42 (part 2)

Renjun: Day 42 (part 2), Unfortunately the sky clouded after 10 a.m. so I hid in my room watching the clouds. I was worried about her, she was absent minded the whole time, very quiet, she kept far from everyone and I hoped it's ok.

Someone knocked so I jumped up walking to the door, opening.

It was her, her hair and hoodie wet from the rain. She looked at me and tried to smile but instead burst out into tears and I had no idea what to do so I asked her to come inside, offered a chair.

She sat down when I hurried for a towel handed to her, she thanked.

"So, um how are you?" I asked sitting across her one the bed, my head low my eyes fixed on my thumbs.

"I... I came to talk about the book," she said taking a breath.

"Yes sure," I muttered glancing at her briefly.

"Listen Renjun you're a very talented writer, one of the most talented young writers, so I believe you can finish the book on your own, I'll send you all the reports I have, I know you can put them together into a reasonable version," she was talking quietly her head lower than mine.

"Ok I can try but it's your project me and Sicheng we're just the assistants," I said.

"Renjun," she raised her voice. "Can't you just simply help me!" she shouted.

"I can but..." I stuttered.

"I broke up with Mark," she said and I froze.

In this moment tears started to roll down her cheeks.

I was way too stunned to ask anything so I sat in silence watching her.

How? Why? My head was ringing they were the perfect couple like Yuta and Sichneg.

The silence was continuing while she was crying using the towel as a handkerchief, the clock ticking louder from the wall, the rain becoming unbearable.

"You're the second person that knows, Sichneg was the first," she whispered. "I couldn't tell Taeil, I don't want pity and you two understand things..." she bit her lip as new tears rolled down her cheeks.

"It was day 39 of this stupid reports, I came back from the conference and everything seemed fine, way too fine, and he..." she choked on the word 'he'. "He went out in the evening, just some party with Hinyang and the DJ friend. It as one a.m. no sign of life and I started to worry so I texted Hinyang found out the address, took the car. It was a noisy place some house of another high schooler whose parents were out a lot of mess, a heavy smell, and then I saw him getting a huge whiskey bottle from his DJ friend, I wanted to go and hug him but then he turned around, the light fell on his face and neck and there it was the whole back of his neck filled with fresh red hickeys, I definitely hasn't made," she started to crumble the towel in her hands. "I couldn't move could... I just... and this girl came to him, his age, black shoulder length hair, she fell over him over his lips and he just kissed back, he fucking kissed back," she inhaled. "I found the car drove ahead I have no idea how I made it back, I packed all my most important things closed the door, bumped into Mr. Mayer in the corridor, can you believe he had a new cat, a red-brown one," she inhaled sharply. "I went straight to the airport, called Sicheng, told him everything and he said he will wait just wait on the airport. And he did, he was there just simply hugged me. Taeil had called again today maybe he was worried I haven't picked up, maybe he was in there had seen this mess, I don't want to know. Renjun I can't finish the book, it won't work," she looked up.

"Ohh," I let the air out.

I had no idea what to do or say i just walked up knelt on the carpet and took her palm in my hands. I hoped this little gesture will give her a little light. I hoped me and Sicheng can keep her above the ground and prevent from drowning. That will be enough like Sicheng and Yuta had done with me.

 That will be enough like Sicheng and Yuta had done with me

Much <3