Amy: Day 17

Amy: Day 17, I was watching the last sentence in Sicheng's report reading it over and over again, he couldn't have hurt me more than by leaving it just like that. Renjun wasn't right, I didn't, I never...

I was far from love.

I slammed the laptop shut, watched the crowd in the cafe, were I had been enjoying a late afternoon tea till now. No, I needed to release myself from this thing. I decided to move to my apartment today, just pack and go. Over. Maybe I never loved Renjun he was right about it, but the second part of the sentence, pfff, impossible.

I jumped up, grabbed my purse, left the nearly full tea cup on the table, took the laptop then walked to my car. I was trembling from anger when I made the way to the school. Mark was playing football with his friends and I needed to tell him straight away, I'm moving out. I parked the car not far from the field, left the things inside, slammed the door shut, locked it, walked on the lawn, till I saw the stands and the group of girls from the prom, the blonde one was watching my boyfriend with burning eyes so I stopped for a second. Yes she could have him, go ahead girl, the way is open and free, I said in my mind when I walked on the field. Hinyang noticed me and waved, I waved back.

I'm moving out today, I replayed the line in my head when I walked closer till the boys stopped playing and Mark turned to me.

His white shirt was sweaty, his hair in all directions but he was smiling wide when he ran to me and placed a long kiss on my lips.

"I..." I said.

"I'm happy you're here, would you like to play with us, the opposite team lacks one player, we will be nice," he winked.

"I can't play football," I whispered.

"Me too," he said getting so close to my ear his lips brushed against it.

Ok, I can tell him after the play, with less witnesses, I thought when I joined Hinyang's team. Soon I was running along the lawn, trying to get the ball. The boys were easy on me, Mark bumped into me a few times playfully and allowed me to take the ball from him. My team lost 3:9 but I had fun. I was catching my breath when some boys gave me a high five, most knew me from the prom. They sat down in a circle on the artificial grass and two girls from the stands joined, while the blonde one stayed there watching me and Mark as if she would like to commit murder.

"Who is she?" I asked when I sat on the lawn next to Mark.

"Oh, she asked him to go to prom with her," Hinyang giggled. "She was desperate, but he told her he's with you," the boy blinked to me.

"Ah," I turned around looking at her.

So he had plenty of opportunities, still he asked me.

Why, because we shared the same bed?

Not for longer, whispered my mind and I skipped closer lying my head on Mark's shoulder and kissing it.

"I'm sweaty," whispered Mark breathing some gentle air between my hair.

"As if it would bother me," I laughed.

We knew each other's smells inside out, we were in sweaty situations a lot, way closer than now.

His hand landed on my thigh, he was playing with my shoe strings.

"Will you come to my birthday party, Im turning eighteen soon," Hinyang looked at me.

"With pleasure," I said while all my insides twisted.

I didn't come here to play football with the boys and cuddle to Mark on the grass.