Amy: Day 3

Amy: Day 3, When Renjun had landed in the next big city I got jealous again. Sicheng told me he's traveling Europe, wants to visit Venice, have a date on a boat. None of them had found anything useful, I could have done so much more being there, still I spent the day getting through books in the library with Taeil. I gave him one invitation for the writer and journalist's party tonight. He said he will come alone, have some fun with himself, I actually don't know why a talented and smart man like him is so lonely.

I asked him about it, but he only smiled to himself, told me to not to be late and wear something nice.

I needed to visit the mall and find a dress for the event, while Renjun kept sending me photos from his exploration - Central Park in the sun, the animals in the zoo. The last time I was there the snow was thick in the alleys. I encouraged Renjun to take the subway, buy a weekly ticket, he seems lonely, so small and fragile, I could imagine his figure trying to get through the usual crowd on Times Square. I know he will be alright, because he's clever.

We made up a time for the skype in the morning my time, as I had a busy night. I hoped the publisher and my agent will be in good moods. So far I couldn't show them much, Sicheng's reports seemed funny and happy but really useless, like mine, actually only Renjun managed to do something meaningful.

I reached the flat, tried to write, but didn't get into it, so I rather prepared for the party. I was dressed up and ready despite the two more hours I had left and I was sitting on the bed very bored playing in my phone, when Mark came back. He had his school bag and a ball, there was some mud in his hair.

"I lost the match with the boys from sophomore year," he muttered yawning.

You're not very good at football I thought but left it to myself.

"I'm hungry," he muttered placing the bag on his desk and getting the books out. "And I have so much of homework I don't even know where to start."

Will you stop complaining now or in two weeks, I thought irritated, and if you want to play a kid go back to your parents.

"The kitchen is over there," I tried to sound everything but cold, still it didn't work.

Mark took a breath in. He rubbed his eye.

"My double eyelid feels bad today," he whispered.

I kept quiet, what should I say, that I had no idea how it feels like to have a double eyelid, so I can't help.

He yawned again, moved the chair away, opened a few books.

There was a silence between us when he worked slowly, the evening was falling and he needed to switch the lamp on. He was yawning even more and laid his forehead on the notebook.

"Take a break," I whispered.

"I can't," he muttered his face flat in the paper.

"I'm going for a party tonight are you coming with me?" I asked shivering.

"What?" he lifted his head. "What party?"

"With my agent and the publisher, so if you like to come wear something nice."

Our eyes met briefly, the atmosphere was as nice as before a hail.

"If I mange to finish this, I'll go," whispered Mark.

Shit, Renjun could care for himself alone, traveling around the world, why couldn't he be more useful.

But I jumped up throwing the phone on the pillow, I walked to the kitchen and made some sandwiches, and tea for him. I brought it into the room placing it on his desk, he looked up in shock.