Chapter 22

Cruise to Destiny

Chapter 22

A month later mid-august

Rosanna POV

After James came home with us we found him a therapist and were surprised at how sick he was. They suggested a stay in a mental health facility for a short while which turned out to be four weeks as I'm going to pick him up. Finally, Norman's letting me do things out and I'm not going so crazy. I arrived and I could see James waiting for me.

"Hey mothercat how are you?"

"More like how are you, honey." We kiss each other.

"Better I mean I think it'll take a long time to get over it but it's not my fault. And no I don't want to hurt myself anymore."

"Good the world would be a lot less bright without you in it."

"So I think I want to get my life back in order. First things first need to go back to work want to help find that replacement for you I might know someone that might be looking for work I'll call her and ask her tomorrow I want to go to the shop did you want to come with me you can do the messages clear that sucker out. We will or I'll clean the place up and then it's business as usual. How's my goddaughter going? Momma looks good."

"Horny as fuck. I mean we fooled around but the doctor still has us in a sex well regular sex ban. But I can go out so it's a compromise. Did you get the email from the DA that the trial's set for October 6th I want to do the victim impact statement you shouldn't have to do it. Please James let me take this off you."

"Thank you I don't know if I could talk. You sure you won't go into labor?"

"No idea babe but it's important I think she'll be fine."

"Okay, maybe you should ask Norman if this is okay but I think it'd be okay."

We reached the store it felt like forever it's been two months and this place needs a lot of cleaning.

"Man, I have fucked this place up. I'll just add that to the shit I have fucked up."

"No, you didn't it's just a series of unfortunate things happening. Now let's see what the damage is and get started ninety-nine messages fuck I guess two months can do that."

"Well you little miss sit down I'll go next door and get us a coffee yeah I know decaf for you miss weirdo. You start taking those messages."

I start listening to them. I am shocked over how many people are calling to see if we have any work going and blatantly telling me it's because I'm with Norman so I deleted them. Then I came across an interesting one.

"Hi, my name's Jeffery we met a while ago at Mary's. I'm a former client and I was wondering if I could use your services again?"

He went on to explain that he had his parents' fiftieth wedding anniversary and wanted to create a cake like they had when they got married. I put him in the definite pile. I was surprised when James came back and he was bearing gifts.

"Babe I was starving and thought I couldn't possibly eat in front of a pregnant chick so I got us a tonne of food. Don't say you can't eat as I know those puppies of yours are smaller than they were I'm surprised Norman hasn't been on you to eat. So what's wrong babe?"

"Nothing honest this isn't exactly how I pictured my married life babe. We're good we are but everything you, Jackson, the baby, and being married it's a lot to take in. I miss him, I miss you James I need you to come back to me. I can't imagine what you're feeling. I miss my best friend. I've missed you these past four weeks, yeah I have friends here but they're more Norman's friends if something happened they'd dump me like a hot potato I'd like to think you wouldn't."