Chapter 45

Cruise to Destiny

Chapter 45

Norman POV

I finished photo ops and I never wanted to do anything less. I saw Sean on the phone. He said he'd try Rosanna again. I just don't understand why she isn't taking anyone's calls. What's happening that she doesn't want to talk about? I'll call and hope she tells me.

"So what did she say?"

"Honestly you don't want to know. She told me basically that everyone can fuck off and that she isn't in the mood to talk but will when she was ready. She wants to be left alone. She thinks you're making a big deal over this maybe she's right or maybe she's doing something I don't know."

"No, she'd never cheat."

"You said that I didn't mister. But she's right you need to do your job."

"She wouldn't say that did she?"

"Yep"

"How long before I start signing again?"

"Twenty minutes. You sure you want to spend the time talking or trying to talk to her?"

"Well, it's my time to waste if I want to."

I walk away with Cookie in tow to an outdoor area and decide to call Rosanna.

"Hello, Norman."

"Hey, babe. Can we talk?"

"I don't know."

"Want to try explaining what's happened? You were fine when I left, I don't understand what happened."

"I can but you'll want to come home and I can't let that happen people hate me already."

"I don't care what people think all I care about is you and the kids,"

"I'm sorry I've been a bitch. But so much has happened since you left my life has changed maybe permanently but I don't know so I can't tell you what it is."

"You can tell me anything is Destiny okay."

"Perfect babe it's me okay. But you can't leave okay? You owe them to stay I'm okay here, I'm spending the rest of the weekend here in the house. Can you come home any sooner? I do want to see you."

"Babe you and Destiny are more important than anything....."

"No, I'm not they already hate me. I promise I'll tell you on Sunday. I love you Norman, I'm sorry I've been such a bitch."

"Honey if you had bothered to answer the phone I would've told you that I got a new tattoo on my chest it's a heart for you and Destiny because you're my heart." I hear her start to cry. "Baby anything what's wrong we can deal with because we're together."

"Not this Norman, this is huge Norman."

"What's wrong babe?"

"I'm I'm... I can't say Norman."

"Yes, you can."

"Not over the phone that's why I have to wait until you get home."

"Please, babe."

"Norman I'm sick."

"Why haven't you told me? We're supposed to tell each other everything. Didn't we marry for sickness and health?"

"I only just found out the day you left and I won't have the results until Monday as they're rushing them due to my family history."

"Honey, is it cancer?"