Chapter 59

Cruise to Destiny

Chapter 59

Rosanna POV

One week later

Things have changed recently we got a restraining order against Diane she can't come within five hundred feet of us and we also mentioned to our lawyers what happened in Italy and that shows that the email she sent was a lie and will work against her whenever she finally goes to trial. On the other front Jackie, well her trial starts in a few weeks and they've asked Norman to testify.

Today's the day before our anniversary and tomorrow we're celebrating it yeah, we got food from our restaurant but we love it and it reminds us of our wedding day I know I'm going to be very upset it's terrible that I have something wonderful and something horrible on the same day. I can't believe Jackson has been gone for a year, I miss him so much he was the life of the party. There's a knock at the door it should be James as he said he would help me as I'm not good with macaroons.

"So, Rosanna do you have a picture of what this cake looks like?" I found the video of it we watched. "Easy peasy lemon squeezy as Negan says. You do the cake I'll start on the macaroons, yeah I know they aren't your forte."

"Kit kit kitty." Destiny rolls into the dining room in her walker, the last couple of days she's taken to walking in it. Norman thinks she's like a walker shuffling I smacked him for calling his girl that.

"Oh my god look at her go I can't believe she's walking. You're such a smart girl like your mommy."

"Well, I'm glad you said mom and not dad, or I'd be kicking you to the curb. She's very advanced for nearly ten months and nearly walking I expected maybe later next year."

"So where's the big man himself?"

"Oh, I banned him from being here while I'm cooking he eats too much and I have to keep swatting his hands away one of these days I'm going to cut off his finger Homer Simpson style. 'Sorry doesn't put my finger back on'"

"That's funny. So, where is he?"

"Honestly, I have no idea hopefully keeping out of trouble but it seems Flanery, Clark, hmmm who else Rooker are here and several others get them together there's trouble."

"Maybe I shouldn't bring Jeffrey as he asked for Rooker as his get out of jail pass after we saw guardians two it might be too much temptation."

"You better be careful there he's a terrible flirt but alas very straight. So how's Jeffery anyway? You know you two need to come over for dinner one night. James, are you okay? I know what tomorrow is I'd understand if you didn't want to be here I won't be offended by it. I can't believe it's been a year James I miss Jackson so much, I can't imagine what you're feeling he was yours. I shouldn't have said anything I'm always ruining things. Fuck it let's just do this, I'm never going to ever get over it my best friend died on my wedding day this should be a happy day but it's always going to have a twinge of sadness."

"True babe but it's okay to be happy. Jackson would want you to be happy. You're married to an amazing man, have a beautiful, very talented daughter, and a very good life it's okay to live the life you have you aren't forgetting him."

"I know I think I'll just have to keep going to my doctor haven't been in a while."

"I think you should you've had a lot happen to you, babe."

We set about starting the making the cake I made the butter cake mixture separated it put the purple, blue, and pink food dye in it, and started to pipe the different colors into the baking trays one dollop at a time until the cake tins were filled.