That Should Be Me -Jack & Finn Harries

Jack's POV

I laughed for what felt like the millionth time as she said something hilarious. We were sitting by the fire. We as in me, Finn, Y/N, and some other friends. I finally calmed down, and watched as Y/N kept telling her story. Her eyes glistened with happiness as she talked about her trip with her family.

I wonder what it would be like to cuddle her at night before we went to sleep. To whisper how much I loved her in her ear. To hug her from behind unexpectedly. Or to be able to actually show her all of my affection.

I shook out of my daydream, realizing that her story was over and some guy had started one of his own. I looked over at her, to see her already looking at me. She quickly looked back at the guy, a blush creeping upon her cheeks. I bit my bottom lip, and looked at my feet.

I looked up at Finn, nodding my head back to indicate him to walk over to me. He made his way over, and I began to get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about her again.

"Listen Finn. I really like Y/N, and I think I'm going to ask her out on a date. Do you think that would be a good idea?" I asked.

"Yeah, yeah. I guess so.." Finn said, attempting to smile but failing.

"What's wrong? You okay, bro?" I asked, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah. I'm fine." He nodded, and walked away.

Finn's POV

As soon as those words came out of Jack's mouth, my stomach instantly dropped. I never really told anyone, but I liked Y/N. A lot.. Jack obviously likes her as well, and I don't know what to do... I was going to ask her to go out somewhere with me, tonight actually, but now that Jack is going to, my opportunity is already gone. I know she likes him, so I guess it's a good thing the feeling is mutual. I just wish she would like me instead...

I guess I'm going to help my brother out, no matter how much it will hurt me to see her be taken away from me by my own brother. I know she wasn't mine, but I still don't want to see her with anyone else...

"Hey, Jack. Come here." I called, knowing exactly how he should ask her out. He doesn't really pay attention to the small things like I do... Another reason she should be with me, but it's whatever.

"Yeah?" He said once he approached.

"Don't do it tonight. You need to go out and get her a dozen of roses. Next, go to the doughnut shop at the corner of Main Street, and get a half dozen of doughnuts with "Will you go out with me?" written on them." I said.

"That's perfect. Good thinking. Thanks bro." He said, slapping my arm before going back over to Y/N. I smiled at her as we made eye contact, her sending a smile back. I watched as Jack went over and kissed her on the cheek, and I instantly wished that was me instead of him...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2nd one tonight because i haven't posted in a while, i love you crays!