He's Jealous PART 2 -All Of One Direction

NIALL: After taking a moment to absorb what had just happened, Niall sulks back into the restaurant to rejoin his friends. "What happened?" Liam asks carefully. Niall just shakes his head back and forth, indicating he doesn't want to talk about it. Louis gathers up Niall's half-eaten lunch before gathering his own and stands up to leave. The other three boys mimic Louis' action and all five walk out and head straight to Zayn's house. Upon entering the house, Niall sighs and drops into an oversized armchair, craddling his face in his palms. "Fight for her," Harry instructs simply. Niall sighs again, not knowing what else to do or say. "She seems happy with him..." he finally speaks. He stands up and begins heading for the door, tossing a quick explanation over his shoulder, "I just want to be alone right now...I'm heading home." And with that, he exits the house and makes his way home. Hard as he try, he's unable to clear his mind of the reoccuring scene of you and your new boyfriend this afternoon. He eventually retreats to his bedroom after spending the entire day trying to shake the thoughts, but to no avail. As he settles in and tries to get some sleep, the thoughts and images continue to haunt him, eventually driving him to the point of picking up the phone. He glances at the clock just as you answer. 2:41am. "Hello?" you ask softly. "You...you actually answered..." he whispers in disbelief. "What do you want, Niall?" you demand, but your tone is still soft. "I just couldn't let that be how we let things go this afternoon. I meant what I said: I miss you. I miss everything about you." "Niall..." "Just, please, give me another chance," he begs. "It's not that easy!" you insist. "Why not? Why can't it be?" "Because it's just not. I'm with someone else now." "[Y/N]..." he says pleadingly. "Niall, it is almost 3:00 in the morning. I just...I just can't do this right now." "Is he...He's there, you're with him aren't you?" he manages to choke out through his suddenly dry throat. Your lack of a response is all the answer he needs. "Meet me in the park by the swings in ten minutes. Please..." he requests, already slipping into a pair of sneakers. You steal a glance at your sleeping boyfriend and let out a breath. "Alright," you agree simply. Niall dares to smile slightly at this as hope begins to well up inside of him.

ZAYN: The rest of the time spent recording is just a blur to Zayn. He goes through the motions, but his heart and head just aren't in it. As soon as the session is wrapped up and things are done for the day, Zayn heads for his car and immediately dials your number. As expected, you don't answer. He leaves you a voicemail and then promises himself that there won't be anymore phone calls or texts; that he's just going to leave it alone because you'd made it clear that that's how you want things. But he just had to give it this one last shot. Once home, he lays awake, staring at the ceiling. It's fairly early - no normal person under the age of 70 is in bed at this hour - but he's feeling too upset to bother with much else. Time ticks by at a painfully slow pace. The silence in the room is deafening, but he makes no move to do anything about it. Memories of the two of you flood his mind as he wracks his brain over what went wrong in your relationship and what he could have done differently to fix it and keep you in his life. A knocking on the door breaks his trance. He props himself up on his elbows and looks towards where the sound came from before getting up and padding towards the foyer. For a moment he thinks he's going crazy or that his mind is playing tricks on him, but as he approaches the door, he realizes it really is you standing on the other side of the slender windows surrounding the doorframe. He opens it but remains silent, too stunned to speak. "You're right - it was dumb of us to break up," you admit quietly. "We gave up too quickly, Zayn." He just nods in agreement, and you go on. "I got your voicemail, but I was too mad to call you back right away. I was mad at you, mad at myself, mad at us. I thought I was happier without you, but seeing you today brought back all these memories and emotions. I can't live without you, Zayn..." Zayn remains motionless and quiet. Having said your peace, you're about to turn away and go home, but he stops you by grabbing you gently by the elbow. He pulls you into his embrace and just holds you for a minute before muttering into your hair, "You don't know how long I've been waiting to hear you say that again. I love you so much, [Y/N], and I don't ever want to risk losing you like that again."