Grandma

By -WiseGal-

~

I have always been close to my grandma. Like, she is single-handedly the best person I know. From as long as I can remember, she has always been there for me, as a shoulder to cry on when needed, and I can trust her with anything. We always have open discussions about, well, everything. And I can't put into words how much I appreciate it.Anyways, I am a Bisexual *cue party poppers* but am pretty much so far back in the closet I'm in Narnia. However, when I went to visit my grandma, just us two, we were talking about LGBTQ+ rights, etc.And then I told her I was bi. And I basically started crying, because I was so scared of not being accepted. My brothers homophobic and has openly said he thinks gays are 'unnatural'. My parents aren't against it, but I know if I were to tell them, they would insist it's 'just a phase'.It's safe to say I was terrified.However, my grandma hugged me, and when we pulled away, after what seemed like forever. Then she smiled, and said one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard.Darling, you are you. And love is love. So what's the big deal? I love you no less, and am so proud of you for coming out to me.That is my milestone story. Of me coming out to my Grandma, and I will forever be in her debt.Remember, you and only you are in charge of who you come out to and when, so take time and don't rush into things. Get to know yourself better and get comfortable in your own skin.And be happy with who you are.Sending my love to each and every one of you.