Just A Human With Problems

By Mimi

~

When I was 4 I realised I wasn't like most girls in my school. For example I didn't consider myself a girl. But then again, I didn't consider myself a boy. One day, when my family were shopping, I found a clerk, and I asked her. She told me I was human.

I thought this meant I was weird, I was different. I thought this meant people wouldn't like me. I hid it, sometimes from myself.Two years later, I got my first crush. I was 6, but this felt real. It was a girl who I'm gonna call Helium. I knew this made me even weirder. I was a "girl" and I liked a girl. Girls are supposed to like boys. I avoided Helium like she was the plague.(7 years later and she has a boyfriend. I've grown out of it but it's awkward.)For the next couple of years, I got some really close friends. One of these was Lithium. Now, we were really close, and we told each other everything but I didn't tell her this.Moving from Primary school to High School was trauma. But I got through, and I met someone, who I'm gonna call Hydrogen. She was pretty, nice, kind and shy. I immediately liked her.In year 7 Lithium showed me her background picture for her phone. It was of Magnus and Alec (ShadowHunters) kissing. I was confused. Being older, I knew what things like gay and lesbian were, but I thought everyone knew it was a BAD thing. But my best friend shipped two guys. This really changed my perspective.Next semester of school, Hydrogen and I became really close as friends. I was not going to be afraid of her. I was going to treat her as a friend.A couple of weeks later (me and my social group mostly supported LGBTQ+) Lithium told me that Hydrogne was a homophobe. I was heart-broken, but I refused to give up.I've only come out to my closest friends, because my family are homophobes. I've learnt I'm Gynesesexual, and Agender. I've also learnt in my friend group there is;me (Gynesesexual)two lesbiansa bisexualtwo straights that supportand one homophobe.We're all best friends, even the homophobe.