Openly Bi

Anonymous

~

Hello! Hi! I'm back and I wrote "What Love Does to Us" can't say my real name cause my friends might read this but hello.

Remember when I said that I liked this girl... Yeah, she's now taken and I can't be more proud of her, but that's not I'm gonna talk about. I'm openly bi, since I was in the seventh grade, and how it happened was damn... Raise your hand if you ever had a feeling you're different from the rest at a very young age. *raises hand* I knew I was different from the rest since I was in the first grade, liking both boys and girls, cause love is not a choice. Anyways... I was outed by a guy that apparently liked me but I told him I liked someone else, a girl to be specific and started bullying me for liking girls and this started in the third grade to the fifth grade. I wasn't a total outcast I had friends who were very supportive, I was the very first openly bi in our school, shocking considering our school is very catholic.

Coming out to the whole school was easy considering almost everyone knew it except for new students. The problem is my family except for my sister doesn't know I'm bisexual, I told them I was bi out of nowhere and it was quite awkward at first but my family just said congrats. They weren't pissed off or what but to those who struggle to come out to their family or friends, I suggest maybe giving a few signs that you're different, unique. Maybe show them a coming out video by Ally Hills cause I was listening to that song before I come out.