Acceptance From Mom

By Casey

~

My name is Casey. Or at least I want it to be. My legal name is Madeline and I'm gender-fluid.

Genderfluid means to be a gender identity best described as a dynamic mix of boy and girl. A person who is Gender Fluid may always feel like a mix of the two traditional genders, but may feel more boy some days, and more girl other days. I have recently accepted that this is who I am, and all of my friends have. I had several celebrity crushes without knowing. I'm bisexual so Tom Hiddleston, Scarlett Johansson (I think I spelled that right.) Anyway, I live in the US and I don't think Texas allows trans or other such people to use their proffered bathrooms. I haven't fully transitioned, but my brain has always shouted out what gender it wantsIt may be different for some, but my brain tells me constantly what gender I am. Unless I'm neutral. But I have bracelets that tell people what gender I am at the moment and what pronouns to use. Well one day, I was playing with my little brother, and my mom who knows I'm gender-fluid, although she isn't exactly homophobic, she kept calling me she and her while I was a boy. And I asked her to use pronouns, but she said she wasn't going to go all out to accept my gender. And she won't let me get a binder, which I think with help with me being a male most of the time.I want her to accept me like my friends have and I hope she will soon.