Discovery

By staRspeakeR75x

~

Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Reading all of the stories from the Milestones book series makes me feel great. The fact that other people have worked up the courage to admit who they are.

I am panromantic, androgynous, and asexual, however, I don't really like labels, so just call me whatever you want. I was born a male, and it wasn't until mid-summer that I realised that I wasn't cisgender and heterosexual.

I was at a camp, and when we were all introducing ourselves, I noticed the amount of people who didn't identify as cisgender. I had already determined that I would use they/them pronouns during the camp, but I didn't come out then. I just told them "Use any pronouns you like".

Just before the school year started, I came out to some of my best friends, a couple of whom have accounts here on Wattpad. They were fine with it. Hell, my best friend is questioning trans and is a crossdresser, and I love her for it. She/he comes from a religious family, but her parents are fine with it.

Since the school year started, I've been using they/them pronouns - I'm coming to terms with who I am. My best friends know, and that's enough for now. I haven't come out to my parents yet, but it will come in time. And my best friends, the ones I mentioned earlier, they've been there for me. So here's a tip to you, those who haven't come out of the closet yet, those of you who are afraid of the reactions others may have. Just be yourself. Words can't hurt you unless you let them hurt you. Be proud of who you are, and don't be afraid to admit it.

Best of luck.