Process of a Bisexual

By Blue

~

I always knew I was different, but it's only been a year or so since I started accepting myself as who I am, bisexual. But to get to the point where I truly know who I am, I had to go through a lot of "self thinking".

The one thing I did know, was that I did have a physical attraction towards girls, but romantically I didn't really know, because I had and still haven't been in a relationship with one. So at first, just like many others, I ignored it. I told myself it was fake and that I was inventing those "feelings". But soon enough I realized that, no, it wasn't fake, I was actually attracted to some girls, wether I knew them personally or not.After that, I thought I was a lesbian, and didn't really have a problem with that. The only thing was that, I did have attraction for guys, and I wasn't sure if I was straight or lesbian; I didn't think I was bi at that time.Not wanting to battle with myself on wether I was straight or lesbian, I told myself I was pan, meaning I could fall in love or have an attraction for anyone. But that was just me not wanting to face the reality. Me thinking that, if someone asked me if I was straight, I would just say "I like who I like", and I didn't really want that. I wanted to be sure of who I was, I wanted to be comfortable in my own skin.The moment I knew I was bi, was when one of my friend told me she was bi, and that made me think "what if I was bi too?" I realized that there were other choices then just straight, lesbian or pan. At that moment I learned there was a lot of different people from this community then just LGBT. I learned that some people were poly sexual, others gender fluid and some agender.Most importantly, I learned that, I wasn't alone and that other people had the same problems and were still figuring themselves out and wanting to come out to people, which I still haven't done yet.But, as long as I know who I am, others not knowing doesn't matter. Because I am proud to know I'm bisexual.Only issue, my parents...