Little Girl

By Gracie

~

My story first starts when i started the 6th grade. i was bright eyed and bushy-tailed as i entered a new school, heck entered a new state. I was a small girl, yet easily one of the smartest. I grew to be friends with a girl my age. Lets call her Macy.

Macy was an amazing friend. i would spend weekends at sleepovers, giggling the night away like the children we were. unfortunately she moved away that summer, but not before telling me and a few friends that she was gay. i was baffled by this as i had never heard of what being gay was until she explained. i grew nervous as a week prior, she had gave me a note stating i was her best friend, but using a romantic tone by using words such as "you were the jelly to my peanut butter."

i know i grew flattered and shocked, but had played it off as a friend thing. I never thought of that day again... that is until last year. Last year i began to find myself out, going from bi to gay to bi again. i had received much help from my current friend, (lets call him )Johnny. johnny had helped me find who i am. with their help, i got the guts to ask a girl out.  That was girl was called (yet again lets call her) Lily. i asked her out in May, and boy did it make the last week of school shine even brighter.

My mom hasn't been my best supporter, but definitely not my worst. she questions me one how i feel, but any parent can be like that. i just hope things will go well this school year. i haven't seen my gf in over 3 months(don't worry. i chat with her on google hangouts), and the stress from my AP calc class has been killing me.

Just remember everyone, things get better. Let nothing stand in your way of having a bright day, except for clouds, of course.