A Polyamorous Discovery

By Meggy

~

My parents have always been a little lenient on rules, and I was watching Glee! at nine years old. My twelve year old sister was watching with me, and during all of the Rachel-Finn-Quinn drama, she shouted POLYAMOROUS RELATIONSHIP at the screen, and being an intelligent girl, I looked up what polyamorous was and that was how I found out that I am poly.

Fast forward to when I'm eleven, I had a boyfriend (because eleven year olds should totally have a boyfriend *eye roll*) and I was with my friends and I realized that, although I had a boyfriend I liked someone else, although I didn't admit it to myself, even, because it was a girl and I was completely 100% straight. Well, that's wrong.

A few months after I had realized that I was poly, I came out to my friends. I still denied the fact that I was not straight, but I had come to terms with the polyamory aspect of myself.

When the person that I had developed a crush on asked me out, I made a realization, that even though I was hiding it from myself, I was most definitely not straight. I said yes, and told only my sister. I came out as heteroflexible.

I have recently came out to myself and close friends as bi, but I'm still mega confused and searching myself for anything about anything, wether it's sexuality, gender, or anything else.

Maybe all of that wasn't so much work, seeing as I'm still dating the two awesome people.

-Meggy