Following my Path

By Hellsgreatfire

~

Hi first let me introduce myself, I'm Ally, I'm non binary and pan sexual.
My story starts when I was 5 years old, My dad and my divorced and they split custody of me and my sister. At the time I didn't really know anything of the LGBT+ community, my parents (even though they really hated each other and never talked to each other) kept everything about this (amazing and beautiful) community hidden from me. From the age of 5-13 my dad was really verbally abusive and even made it physical a few times, I was in a constant state of fear and I could barely talk. When I was 13 in seventh grade everything changed. I met someone who was apart of the LGBT+ and told me about it and then I realized that I liked girls and boys, so I came out to all my friends as bisexual at the beginning of seventh grade and I ended up dating this girl I really liked. And we would text each other nonstop but every time I went to my dads house he would search through my phone and read all my messages between me and her. And he would scream at me for hours upon hours about how I was a "disgrace to him" and how "I wasn't worth it" and he went as far as body shaming me and he girlfriend even participated in it. I started starving myself and contemplated taking my life because of being different.
But then I met more people like me and I got more into the community and I found solid ground. I was able to come out to all of my friends as pansexual and get through my depression and anorexia. Now two years later I have gotten away from my dad. Found a safe place to be myself and I came out to my little 11 year old sister who is a big Christian and she told me that I am beautiful and that she accepts me as I am and she supports me all the way.
After a long two year journey- that is still just beginning- I found my place and have become comfortable with myself. And for anyone out there reading this thank you and you will find your safe place one day and I'm here if you ever need me Xx
                             Love, Ally