The Ephemeral Moments in Life

"..."

Resting her chin on the dining table Xiao Ju Hong leers her eyes towards Ye Gui Feng's back as he is making a meal for them to eat.

"..."

Knowing that he is being stared at in such a manner has Ye Gui Feng feeling somewhat uncomfortable.

To sum up the situation Ye Gui Feng had woken up late in the afternoon and from what Xiao Ju Hong had said he looked like he would have slept through the entire day had she not woke him up to make food for her.

Flipping the pan over the fire a few more times Ye Gui Feng extinguishes the flames and places the contents inside of the pan onto a giant round plate.

Carefully lifting up two bowls of clear soup that had been made using chicken meat Ye Gui Feng brings them onto the table before heading back to bring the giant round plate over.

Considering how long it would take to steam the rice Ye Gui Feng decides to make a big serving of fried noodles for them to eat.

Added into the bundle of noodles are chopped up shrimp with minced vegetables. Bite sized blocks of sliced up taro that's been fried and dipped in sweet sauce is also added into the mix.

Overall the entire plate gives off an appetizing aroma that would cause anyone to drool.

A plate of beef had been placed off to the sides for Xiao Hong Qu to eat. The sight of the phoenix fish pecking away at a slab of meat looked somewhat funny.

"..."

Taking up the chopsticks and a small bowl Xiao Ju Hong continues to look towards Ye Gui Feng with eyes of irritation.

(If he truly loves you he would have figured out that this is nothing more than an illusion!)

The words said by Miao Xiao Lin echoes in Xiao Ju Hong's mind causing her sense of irritation to increase when looking towards Ye Gui Feng.

"Ahem..."

Clearing his throat Ye Gui Feng ignores Xiao Ju Hong's gaze and also picks up his chopsticks to begin pulling up some noodles with the toppling into his bowl.

Filling the bowl and taking a bite of the noodles Xiao Ju Hong's eyes blink. The taste of the food seemingly wipes away her irritation as she continues to eat.

"..."

Seeing as how Xiao Ju Hong's irritation has settled down a bit Ye Gui Feng also begins to focus on eating.

But in the midst of eating Ye Gui Feng can't help but maintain a concerned look on his face.

As her irritation settles down Xiao Ju Hong can't help but notice the somewhat worried look on Ye Gui Feng's face as she sets her chopsticks and bowl down.

"Are you concerned about something?"

"That's..."

Thinking about whether or not he should say anything Ye Gui Feng ponders for a bit.

Eventually Ye Gui Feng decides that it would be best to tell Xiao Ju Hong about his concerns so that he can at least get it off his chest. Setting his chopsticks and bowl down Ye Gui Feng raises a light sigh and speaks.

"I'm concerned about the legacy of the Celestial Spirits in general."

Hearing Ye Gui Feng talking about the matters that deal with the Celestial Spirits and the legacy of Miao Tian Huan has Xiao Ju Hong inwardly laughing a bit as she finds it to be somewhat cute of how Ye Gui Feng would be worried over nothing.

At the same time Xiao Ju Hong is somewhat curious of how Ye Gui Feng would react should he be told that Miao Tian Huan counts as his other father-in-law.

"So even a demon can fear something?"

Upon the conclusion of Ye Gui Feng explaining about his concerns Xiao Ju Hong raises this question to him.

"Regardless of what you are I think a self-aware existence will always have a fear of some kind."

"Is this your greatest fear?"

"No."

If anyone asks him what his greatest fear is then Ye Gui Feng would have to answer-

"I think at some point I will have overcome the fears of death. So what I fear isn't dying."

Living in the cultivation world Ye Gui Feng has long since realized that death isn't the most terrifying thing. There are far too many methods out there for a person to experience a fate worse than death and in some cases death itself can be considered a form of relief for these individuals.

"To me the greatest fear would be living in a world without you."

Hearing these words a comforting warmth wells up within Xiao Ju Hong's heart as she smiles lightly.

"Then there shouldn't be any need for you to worry about those things. If you ever do get replaced by the ancestor of the Celestial Spirits somehow I'll be there to drag you back."

Ye Gui Feng didn't know why but there is something about those words that felt very reassuring to him.

For a moment Ye Gui Feng felt like the Xiao Ju Hong before him is a bit different from the person that he had grown familiar with. But this change didn't feel bad.

"I'll hold you to that."

The smile on Xiao Ju Hong's face upon hearing these words seemed very mesmerizing to the eyes as it seemingly imprints itself into Ye Gui Feng's head for all of eternity.

"Right now living in this manner with you I feel like the most happiest person in the world."

Hearing these words a smile appears on Ye Gui Feng's face as he nods with a sense of satisfaction in being able to provide Xiao Ju Hong with this kind of feeling.

"I see. I'm happy that you feel that way."

This single moment in time in which they would look towards the other with smiles on their faces felt very sacred to both Ye Gui Feng and Xiao Ju Hong due to the emotions of happiness that they both hold in their hearts.

If they are allowed to halt the flows of time at this very moment they would do so without any hesitation.

The ephemeral moments in life that are filled with rich emotions are something that every single person would hold dearly onto because these moments have a great significance to them.

But what really makes these ephemeral moments so endearing is because they do not last long.

It is because these moments don't last long that makes them something that all yearned to chase after.

Should these moments last for an eternity they would lose their significance in one's heart. What is the point of something that can be experienced repeatedly?

It is the emotions of happiness that a person would feel during these brief instances in time that makes those moments in the ever-moving flows of time so everlasting in one's head and something that one would yearn to look back on repeatedly.

Time stops for no one; these words might have been meaning to say that in order to create and maintain the sacredness of a moment, to make that single moment so memorable it must continue to move for all.

But even so once those moments in the ever-moving span of time arrives one would still selfishly hope that time would just cease to flow so that they may enjoy that moment to their satisfaction.