永恒之夜

"..."

With a gardening tool in her hand Xiao Ju Hong digs out a fresh potato from the miniature farm that's outside of their courtyard in a careful manner.

"..."

Even in the midst of working a series of thoughts would be going through Xiao Ju Hong's head as she recalls the words that Ye Gui Feng had told her a year or two back. She has her doubts on whether or not that plan will work but at the same time she felt like it was worth a try.

But it's just-

(*Sigh*)

Inwardly raising a sigh Xiao Ju Hong felt worried about Xiao Lian being apart from them for an indefinite amount of time.

"You seem to always be in a state of deep thought. Is something the matter?"

Die Fei who is working by Xiao Ju Hong's side raises this question to her.

"...I just feel..."

It is difficult to describe the emotions that Xiao Ju Hong has in her heart. This emotion has nothing to do with Ye Gui Feng's plans. Instead it has more to do with her feelings towards Xiao Lian as her mother.

Maybe guilt would be the most accurate description of this emotion.

Xiao Ju Hong feels very much guilty for having offered up the option of just savoring the present moment.

Although Xiao Ju Hong has yet to give up on finding a solution she felt like she had subconsciously submitted to the inevitable fate the moment she raised that option and this makes it difficult for her to face her daughter without feeling a sense of blame towards herself.

Even if Xiao Ju Hong had her own reasons to propose that option she as a mother felt guilty of having to do that.

This bitterness and guilt is something that's been eating away at Xiao Ju Hong's heart for the past few years.

"There are many problems in this world that have no real solutions. You need not feel too badly about yourself."

Perhaps having read Xiao Ju Hong's thoughts on that matter Die Fei offers these words of comfort.

"But..."

"That child understood your intentions and she also didn't blame you. She knew and understood just how bad her own circumstances are better than all of us. I don't see why you should blame yourself for having offered up that option when you had been driven into a corner."

Mulling over these words in her head Xiao Ju Hong eventually gives a nod.

"Thank you."

Seeing the light of determination in the eyes of Xiao Ju Hong Die Fei can tell that she has made her decision.

.........

Everything that Ye Gui Feng has right now are all just his own insights and speculations. He has no way to confirm whether any of his guesses are factual or not but he does think that he is probably on the right track.

[You what?]

Looking towards Xiao Lian with a light smile on his face Ye Gui Feng's eyes gives off a light of slight exhaustion after having recounted everything that he's been doing in the backgrounds during the past few years.

"..."

Seeing the gentle smile on her father's face Xiao Lian can't help but feel a sense of guilt in her heart. For her sake her father had done a great deal of preparation as a means of making their parting temporary.