冥界妖蝶

"..."

Seeing Yao Zhen Tian appearing right in front of Nie Yin Ye Gui Feng inwardly smiles before opening his right hand up causing the white light that he had just sent out to be extinguished. He hadn't unleashed the dark moon's radiance in its entirety to begin with so it made the process relatively simple.

"..."

"..."

Opening their eyes only to find themselves unharmed both Yao Zhen Tian and Nie Yin met the other's eyes causing them to pause in place. There were many words in which they wanted to tell the other but neither of them felt brave enough to say them.

"..."

Looking at the two Ye Gui Feng can't help but constrict his eyes as the figures of Xie Mo Xin and Wei Hailan appears in his vision and overlaps with the two standing in front of him.

"What... Ion...?"

This sight causes Ye Gui Feng's body to tremble lightly as he mumbles a few words to himself. Inwardly Ye Gui Feng felt like a messy knot within his heart had just been untied causing a strange feeling of relief to spread throughout his body.

"..."

Grand Matriarch Nie Xiao felt like it would be awkward to continue their conversation here in this meeting hall with the two in front of them having a lot of catching up to do.

At the same time Grand Matriarch Nie Xiao felt very pleased with the results today as her schemes had worked out in the end.

"Let us move to somewhere else for the time being."

Momentarily every single person left the grand meeting halls with Ye Gui Feng taking the spoils that had been dropped by Gui Dao Zi and Chen Ziyang.

Upon the two realizing that they had been left here alone the air only got awkward between them as they separated from one another.

"..."

"..."

The both of them have their individual thoughts in mind when looking towards the other.

Eventually-

"*Sigh*"

Raising a sigh Yao Zhen Tian begins to turn around but-

"Stop!"

Nie Yin immediately walks forward and grasps Yao Zhen Tian by the hand.

"Do you know how long I've waited?"

Gritting her teeth Nie Yin raises this question to Yao Zhen Tian.

"Do you know how I felt when Shen Sha Zi descended? Did you know what my first thought had been when that happened?"

Without stopping Nie Yin continues to raise all the questions that she has been bottling up in her heart this entire time and eventually tears flow out of her eyes.

"Do you know how 553 years, nine months, 11 days, eight hours, 41 minutes, and 23 seconds of waiting had been like for me who had been counting this entire time? I had been wishfully anticipating the day in which you would show up to my family's door steps and properly propose to me but when you arrived today you wouldn't even look at me in the eyes! Do you know much I am hurt by your behavior today!?"

Each question that Nie Yin raises to him causes Yao Zhen Tian to feel like a knife had been stabbed into his bleeding heart as a sense of guilt wells up.

"..."

Turning around Yao Zhen Tian looks to Nie Yin in the eyes and-

"To me the wait had been 764 years, six months, eight days, three hours, 15 minutes, and 36 seconds."