Chapter 772

As Ye Gui Feng is only a few meters away from the dark spike Xuan Nuo raises his right hand in the manners of giving out a command.

This commanding gesture that seems to be ordering for something to rise to a stand on Xuan Nuo's part causes the black spike to tremble and as Ye Gui Feng approaches it-

[...!]

The dark spike elongates in length as it pierces towards him!

With the needle like tip of the dark spike being but an inch away from stabbing into his forehead Ye Gui Feng evades to the side!

[.........]

Despite having dodged that attacked Ye Gui Feng had evidently felt the spike brushing by the side of his head as a bead of cold sweat rolls down his face.

Having realized the true dangers of this world in which Xuan Nuo can readily control just about everything in it Ye Gui Feng can't help but turn his head in the directions of the corpse. Had he been any slower in his evasion just now this corpse might very well just be the results.

Drawing a breath of air Ye Gui Feng didn't pause in his movements for long as he continues to speed towards the corpse while reaching his right hand out for its head.

"**** ** ** ******."

*Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!* clapping his hands together Xuan Nuo causes numerous black spikes to pierce out from the walls of the crevice!

Although Xuan Nuo won't use the ambushing tactic against Ye Gui Feng that doesn't mean that he won't use the traps that he possesses to his advantage.

[Tch...!]

As numerous black spikes close in on him Ye Gui Feng inwardly feels a sense of regret in coming into this area with the naïve mindset of there not being anything to stop him from taking the corpse's head.

However, it was already too late for Ye Gui Feng to be feeling regretful towards his early decisions as he dodges the incoming spikes in a hasty manner.

Due to how messy the situation is there's no way for Ye Gui Feng to see the pattern in which these spikes are coming out of the walls as they slowly lure him deeper and deeper into the crevice until he is only a few meters above the pool of lava.

[Dammit!]

By the time in which Ye Gui Feng had realized this and is thinking of heading back up he raises his head to see that the spikes are already starting to form a makeshift roof over his head as they start to seal off the entrance way.

Looking at this crevice from the air a person would probably think that it resembles a stitched-up wound due to the uneven surfaces.

It didn't take long for the spikes to seal off the entirety of the crevice's entrance as Ye Gui Feng finds himself imprisoned here without any way out.

[...]

Keeping his spirit senses spread outwards Ye Gui Feng maintains a vigilant mindset as he knew that he needed to be careful here.

[A prison...]

Although Ye Gui Feng didn't fully comprehend the meaning of Xuan Nuo's words he knew that Xuan Nuo had called this world a prison of his creation through the "Approval" granted to him by the Asura Monarch.

An Approval, exactly what that is is something that Ye Gui Feng has no leads on but it is most likely a special type of power that only a monarch can grant onto a person.

[...]

As the corpse reenters the detective range of his spirit senses Ye Gui Feng hesitates on whether to head over and take its head or stay put for a bit longer to observe the situation.

Considering how that corpse is surrounded by numerous spikes the risks of going over there to take its head is quite obvious.

[...]

Thinking of the options that he has on hand Ye Gui Feng can't help but frown.

The first option that Ye Gui Feng has would be to escape while the second option is to take a risk and try to obtain the corpse's head.

Between these two options Ye Gui Feng feels conflicted as he looks to the corpse in a yearning manner.

The amount of cultivation essence that Ye Gui Feng needs can probably be obtained from that corpse's head but the risks involved with trying to obtain it is something that makes him hesitant on approaching it.

There's probably nothing more painful than seeing one's goal within reach only to have an insurmountable obstacle separating them from it.

[...............]

Contemplating in silence a third option appears in Ye Gui Feng's head as he looks to the pool of bubbling lava.

[*Sigh*]

Although there's a bit of uncertainty in his heart Ye Gui Feng chooses the third option as he dives into the pool of lava.

Unfazed by the scorching heat Ye Gui Feng submerges deeper and deeper into the pool of lava in the manners of swimming through plain water until he stops and sits down in lotus position.

As Ye Gui Feng rotates his cultivation base the Authority Crest that represents his Authority of Incineration appears behind his back.

[* ** **** *** *** * ****.]

Closing his eyes Ye Gui Feng begins to perform a series of incantation gestures while chanting in a complex language.

Sutra like text appear on Ye Gui Feng's forearms and back.

With the manifestation of these writings the three Authority Crests that represents Life, Death, and Reincarnation also appeared as they overlap with the Authority of Incineration.

[* ***** *** *** **** *.]

As Ye Gui Feng continues to chant these writings peel away from his body before coming together to form a miniature person that looks identical to himself.

Upon the completion of Ye Gui Feng's incantation gesture the bubbling surface of the lava intensifies.

A bulge swells up on the surface of the flowing lava and it quickly rises in height until it takes on the shape of a sharpened beak.

Almost as if it is casting away a layer of mud bundles of lava falls from the swelling bulge until it starts to resemble the head of a phoenix.

*Quuuuueee!!!* a shrilled cry comes from the phoenix as it lifts a part of its wings out from the pool of lava!

*Kakakakakaka!!!* with the appearance of this phoenix that is formed of lava the entirety of the crevice had seemingly been transformed into an active volcano that is on the verge of erupting as numerous cracks form on the walls and continues to spread towards the surface!

"..."

Looking at the crevice from the air Xuan Nuo constricts his eyes. He can evidently feel a powerful force of energy building up inside of the crevice.

But just as Xuan Nuo is about to take a step forward to get a closer look-

*BOOM!!!!!!!!* a heavy force of impact comes from beneath the earth causing the makeshift cover that is meant to seal the crevice off to show a sign of giving way!

*Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!* it didn't end with a single impact as six more went off in the next instance!

"..."

*Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!* the rate in which these heavy forces of impact would go off is similar to that of a person beating against a door in the hopes of breaking it open however to Xuan Nuo they sounded more like the angry tackles of a beast that is attempting to smash its way out of a cage!

It didn't take long for the cracks that had been forming on the walls of the crevice to spread to the surface and momentarily-