The Eternal

[...]

As time passes under the bated breaths of those who are watching and waiting for his answer Ye Gui Feng ponders for a while.

"..."

Despite having a calm expression on his face the Immortal Emperor of the Nine Daos is also inwardly nervous about Ye Gui Feng's decision.

Should Ye Gui Feng choose to leave the Immortal Emperor of the Nine Daos knew that he could do very little to stop him.

"..."

Although he is nervous about Ye Gui Feng choosing to leave the Immortal Emperor of the Nine Daos is also somewhat hoping that Ye Gui Feng would do so.

Should Ye Gui Feng leave then the Immortal Emperor of the Nine Daos can free himself of his duties and meet his own end.

As a relic of the previous ancient era the Immortal Emperor of the Nine Daos has already grown far too tired of living. He has suffered this humiliation of living within a world in which there is not a single person, not a single comrade, not a single friend of his time left by his side.

Regardless of how powerful a person is loneliness is something that is difficult to overcome. Having a long lifespan but no one to spend that long lifespan with, what is one meant to do with their lives?

This is often times the reason that many older generation practitioners would feel a deep sense of envy towards the mortals and would at times yearn to become a mortal again and dream of how their lives would have been different had they never walked upon the path of a practitioner.

The Immortal Emperor of the Nine Daos is no different from such practitioners who have grown bored of living. But he isn't allowed to just die.

All of them, the friends and families who had once been a major part of his life have left him, leaving him here to suffer on his own for that is the Immortal Emperor of the Nine Daos' duty as their trusted emperor; to safe guard the remainders of their old world and hope that a day will come in which a peerless existence will arise and trample the entirety of the Primordial Continent beneath their feet so that they may laugh about it in the Yellow Springs together.

"I have no rights to stop you from leaving. What you wish to do is not my concern. I merely..."

The Immortal Emperor of the Nine Daos shakes his head and ceases to say anything more.

For having pulled Ye Gui Feng into this world without his consent the Immortal Emperor of the Nine Daos knew that he has no rights to request anything of Ye Gui Feng.

[...]

It is unknown as to how much time had passed as Ye Gui Feng continues to ponder. But eventually-

[*Sigh* my strength at this time is still nowhere near enough to compete against those Exalted Celestials.]

This is something that Ye Gui Feng instinctively knew. Even if he is a Quasi-Dao Luo and Quasi-Exalted Celestial at this time that doesn't mean anything for he is still missing something to complete his ascension as a perfect Dao Luo and true Exalted Celestial.

Strength varies depending on the Exalted Celestial but there is definitely a minimum amount of strength needed for one to claim themselves as an Exalted Celestial. Ye Gui Feng's physical body strength has reached that minimum.

But with just his physical body strength alone Ye Gui Feng cannot hope to compete against the Exalted Celestials of the Primordial Continent. The only way to truly stand a chance against them is to raise his cultivation base to their level as well.