The World as the Chessboard and the Myriad Lifeforms as Its Pawns

"Story of a World's End."

Upon Xuan Nuo saying these words the aura of darkness that shrouds his figure spews outwards and consumes the warrior practitioners that surrounds him!

[...!]

As soon as this occurs Ye Gui Feng and the Dao Manifested Celestial immediately backs away while raising their altitude.

Under the eyes of the two the entirety of the barren planet is quickly swallowed up by this aura of darkness causing it to become pitch black!

[...Approval?]

Recalling what Xuan Nuo had said prior to the enactment of this technique Ye Gui Feng presses his eyebrows together tightly.

Focusing in on the figure of Xuan Nuo who stands upon the darkened earths of the barren planet Ye Gui Feng's feeling of a bad premonition continues to rise.

*Kakaka...* the moment Xuan Nuo takes a single step forward the earth beneath him cracks.

[...!]

To the astonishment of Ye Gui Feng the tiny crack continues to spread with Xuan Nuo at its center.

As a numbing feeling wells upon the scalps of his head Ye Gui Feng watches as this crack covers up the entirety of the barren planet from top to bottom.

The appearance of the planet at this time looks like an egg with its shell smashed into bits.

These aren't just some surface level scratches as they ran deep enough to the planet's core meaning the entirety of the planet has already been broken up into pieces.

[...]

Looking upon the sight from a distance away the Asura Monarch smiles as he recalls an old conversation that he had with Xuan Nuo.

(I-...no... My sole desire is to walk towards the furthest reaches of the world.)

(And just how will you do that?)

(Is that not for you to figure out? Or have you forgotten our promise?)

Towards the words that Xuan Nuo had said at the time the Asura Monarch had replied with-

"The story of a world's end then? Both in a literal sense and in a hypothetical sense."

.........

"..."

As Xuan Nuo's eyes give off a flash of menacing red radiance he raises his right hand to the level of his waist and looks down on it.

Continuously opening and closing his right hand in the manners of trying to get a feel for it Xuan Nuo seems to be confirming the existence of something.

"..."

Upon having a clear confirmation of what it is that he is looking for Xuan Nuo turns his gaze upon Ye Gui Feng and-

[...!]

Soundless and without any kind of warning the figure of Xuan Nuo appears right in front of his enemies!

Due to how sudden Xuan Nuo had appeared Ye Gui Feng didn't have any time to defend himself and in the next instance he feels a harsh sense of pain hitting his chest!

[Hack...!]

The heavy impact of this strike causes Ye Gui Feng to spew out a mouthful of blood as his chest caves in!

(How...!?)

The question of how it was even possible for Xuan Nuo to move this fast under the crushing pressures of the Third Fall appears in Ye Gui Feng's head.