Chapter 784

[...!]

As the road of gold begins to fade a powerful force of tearing manifests abruptly and tugs onto Ye Gui Feng's body from both sides.

[Kuh...!]

Under this force of tearing Ye Gui Feng grits his teeth as he finds himself incapable of any movement.

Fortunately, this experience didn't last for very long as in the next instance Ye Gui Feng is pushed backwards by five steps before stumbling to a halt.

[...Is this supposed to be my proof of having been here...? But what's the point of all this?]

Regaining his balance Ye Gui Feng raises his head and finds a phantom of himself standing in the same exact spot that he had stood just a moment ago.

There wasn't any time for Ye Gui Feng to think too deeply about this matter as a force of rejection comes from the Ancestral Dao Road and gradually lifts his body into the air.

Towards the situation Ye Gui Feng can tell that if he tries to resist this force of rejection will instantaneously intensify.

At the same time the phantom figures that are standing on the road are also starting to vanish as their bodies begin to collapse starting at their legs.

The abruptness of the situation didn't cause Ye Gui Feng to panic as he turns his eyes to look towards the back of the distant figure who is the creator of the Ancestral Dao Road.

There must be some sort of hidden meaning in allowing the individuals who had surpassed their limits to set foot on their road while forcing them to leave behind a proof of their arrival to here in the form of a phantom body.

[Whether this Dao Road is truly the Ancestral Dao Road or not I refuse to believe that I am incapable of separating my fate from it. Should I be incapable of such a deed at the time of my ascension then...]

The phantom figure beneath Ye Gui Feng speaks boldly as their body continues to break down.

[Hm?]

As the disintegration of their body reaches to the level of their chest Ye Gui Feng looks down to find a sphere of light contained inside of them.

[...]

Constricting his eyes Ye Gui Feng looks to the sphere of light.

It's unknown as to how this sphere of light had been created but Ye Gui Feng can tell that this is a condensation of another's insight towards the "Dao."

In a way it is similar to a legacy but upon closer inspect one would realize that it is much more than just that.

This kind of seed is something that can be only inherited by a selected individual meaning the moment it is created it is destined to go to a specific person.

[...Is this a part of his calculations as well?]

Putting on a bitter smile while sighing at how calculative his original self had been Ye Gui Feng reaches his right hand out for the sphere of light.

Any other person would surely not be capable of accepting this seed of insight because the creator of it had intended for it to go to themselves and as the clone of this seed's creator what better candidate was there other than their other half?

[...]

Turning his head around the phantom gives Ye Gui Feng a stern look of coldness.

[...]