Chapter 779

*Quuuuueee!!!!!* throwing the Vermilion Bird back with a single punch Xuan Nuo is just about to approach it and finish it off but-

"Hm...?"

Turning his head around and constricting his eyes Xuan Nuo sees a transparent object that is gradually starting to take form in the far distance.

The shape of this object resembles a flowing ribbon that is drifting about in the winds.

"**** **..."

Looking closely at the object Xuan Nuo can evidently feel a powerful force of pressure coming from it. It is this exact pressure that had caused him to pause in his attack just now.

"...*** **** **?"

Recognizing this object to be a Dao Road that has yet to be perfected Xuan Nuo looks back on the Vermilion Bird whose body has started to collapse as it turns into a pool of bubbling lava.

Within this pool of lava Xuan Nuo can see the fading figure of a miniature person that looks identical to Ye Gui Feng.

"...* ***."

Realizing that he had been tricked Xuan Nuo spreads his divine senses outwards but in the same instance-

*Ruuuuuuuuuuumble!!!!!!* a violent tremor comes from the earth as the pools of lava that are scattered throughout the lands boil!

*BOOM!!!!!* amidst this earthquake a pillar of white radiance erupts from the sea of lava causing Xuan Nuo to look towards it.

"..."

There was little need for Xuan Nuo to continue spreading his divine senses outwards as he knew that the source of this white light can only come from Ye Gui Feng.

As the pillar of light continues to rise in height Xuan Nuo raises his head and quickly finds himself looking at the edge of the imperfect Dao Road.

"..."

Narrowing his eyes Xuan Nuo sees a mist of cultivation essence gathering at the tip of the Dao Road and it is within this mist that the figure of a person begins to materialize.

[.........]

Under the watch of Xuan Nuo this figure gradually becomes clearer and clearer until it becomes all but obvious that it is Ye Gui Feng.

With a dense mist of cultivation essence surrounding him Ye Gui Feng draws in a light breath of air.

[...]

Despite having an expression of calmness on his face Ye Gui Feng inwardly feels a sense of loss as he stands on top of his imperfect Dao Road.

[I'm missing something...]

Looking down at the Dao Road that is beneath his feet Ye Gui Feng knew that he has already created the backbones for it but he is still missing something that will allow this road to reach a state of completion.

The Dao Road at this time can be considered an unfilled container, only by filling it can this Dao Road be considered perfect.

[...]

Closing his eyes Ye Gui Feng starts to contemplate about what it is that he is missing.

[At the time...]

Recalling the time in which the demonic self had created his Dao Road right in front of Shui Yue Shuang's eyes Ye Gui Feng uses that memory as a means of searching for whatever it is that he might be missing to complete the Dao Road that is beneath his feet.