A Blunt Way of Putting It but Indeed

[...]

"..."

Continuing to dive deeper and deeper into the Starry Seas Ye Gui Feng and Ling Tian Hao eventually reaches a world of complete darkness in which there is not a single speck of light to guide their path.

Within this world of darkness it is almost impossible to know which way is up or down had the two not been keeping track of their descent.

[...]

Eventually Ye Gui Feng comes to a stop and extinguishes the sea of golden flames that surrounds him before turning around to look to Ling Tian Hao who had also stopped his movement.

[This is far enough. There's no one capable of watching or hearing us down here.]

Towards these words Ling Tian Hao chuckles as he slowly descends.

Throughout this entire fight Ye Gui Feng can tell that Ling Tian Hao had another objective in mind when he had descended.

Clearly Ling Tian Hao with his strength that is outside of his physical body and cultivation base could have chosen to end this fight sooner but he had purposefully dragged it out and lured Ye Gui Feng down to this place to keep the other Exalted Celestials from finding out about their conversation.

A jade slip appears in Ling Tian Hao's hand as he looks to Ye Gui Feng.

"All of the things written in here should help to answer your questions regarding what it means to be a true Exalted Celestial and the power that is exclusively ours alone. In exchange for the information that is held in this jade slip I ask that you help me with something in the future."

[...]

Towards this Ye Gui Feng doesn't show a change in his expression as he asks-

[And what might that something be?]

Without knowing the full details of Ling Tian Hao's request Ye Gui Feng didn't feel like it would be wise to just accept.

"To revive a person."

[Is reviving a person considered that difficult for an Exalted Celestials?]

"When this person is also someone that is similar to an Exalted Celestial I would say so."

[Similar to an Exalted Celestial?]

Hearing about this Ye Gui Feng constricts his eyes.

[Give me the story then.]

"You can choose to believe me or not but unlike the other Exalted Celestials I am not someone who is originally from this world. It just so happens that my ascension to this realm of cultivation took place in this world. This request of mine isn't something that you can help me with at your current level of cultivation. You can choose to accept it at a later date when you have reached my realm of cultivation or higher if you so wish."

Having said that Ling Tian Hao straightens out his hand with the jade slip on it. The hidden message in his words just now is quite clear, "If you don't feel secure about working with me then simply raise your strength to my level or above."

[...]

Taking the jade slip Ye Gui Feng ponders. He doesn't know if what Ling Tian Hao is saying is all true or not.

By saying that he isn't someone from this world hints to Ling Tian Hao having never been a part of the other Exalted Celestials' schemes of harvesting the people of the Starry Seas for cultivation essence. This means to say that he doesn't have too much to do with Ye Gui Feng's hatred for the Primordial Continent and is a mere bystander to all of this.

[*Sigh*]

Relaxing his eyes Ye Gui Feng raises a sigh. He cannot think of a reason for Ling Tian Hao to lie to him when the other person's actual cultivation base is so much more higher than him.

Storing away the jade slip along with the Sha Luo Blood Sword Ye Gui Feng faces Ling Tian Hao. The other side can be considered rather sincere about asking for his help if they are willing to wait for him to raise his cultivation base up to their level as a means of making him feel more secure about this arrangement.

But there is still something that bothers Ye Gui Feng and that would be-

[Why is it that you're not in a rush?]

If Ling Tian Hao wishes to revive this person then why would he need to wait? Shouldn't he want to get it done as soon as possible?

"I would be in a rush if I had all the materials needed to accomplish this task. At the same time do you think the other Exalted Celestials will just up and allow me to revive someone who is at the same realm of cultivation as them? The power balance of the Primordial Continent is dependent upon the number of Exalted Celestials in one league and within these leagues the power balance is further dependent upon which Exalted Celestial has the bigger number of forces along with who they get along with."

The words said by Ling Tian Hao does indeed make sense to Ye Gui Feng as he knows that not a single one of these Exalted Celestials would wholehearted trust one another as they all have ambitions or objectives of their own.

[And what world is it that you had come from?]

"That world is somewhat difficult to explain but it is a world that consists of two separate timelines that would exist in the same universe. One of them is called the Modern Era while the other is called the Mythological Era. As a means of keeping themselves alive these two worlds would constantly clash so that they may obtain more lands and resources through the means of devouring the other."

Hearing this description Ye Gui Feng frown.

[Sounds like a flawed design concept on the creator who made that universe.]

Towards these words Ling Tian Hao smiles with a laugh.

"Maybe. Regardless once one of the two worlds is devoured everything starts anew in the hands of the sole survivor of the devoured world. During that period of time things will be peaceful for maybe 10,000 years as the gateways that lead into each world will be shut. The greater details of how that world functions are beyond me and I have long since ceased to think about it."

[This person that you wish to revive...]

"My elder sister."

Seeing the light in Ling Tian Hao's eyes Ye Gui Feng felt a sense of understanding. This person is someone that would be willing to tear the skies down for the sake of a single person if it would help them.

[Why me?]

"There are plenty of others that I can choose from so long as they have the three Authorities of life, death, and reincarnation. But not a single one of these individuals are someone that I can trust fully. Picking you... It's because you do not belong to the Primordial Continent so to speak but similar to me your soul had also come from another world."

[...]

Ye Gui Feng didn't feel too surprised by Ling Tian Hao being able to see that he didn't originate from this world.

But the words said by Ling Tian Hao can also mean something else entirely.

[Because I do not belong on the Primordial Continent you're willing to provide me with a place of belonging once I arrive up there. This makes it so that I would owe you a debt.]

"A blunt way of putting it but indeed. However, the number one reason would probably have to be because you possess ancestor Ming Yue Yao's legacy. You could say that there is a small bit of karma between us because of it."

Towards Ye Gui Feng's blunt way of speaking out his intentions Ling Tian Hao readily admits to it seemingly not minding it in the very least.