The One to Lose This War Shall Be...

In the outside world the war between the three-family alliance and the Wei and Chen family continues to go on.

At this time two of the Paragon Immortal puppets on the enemy side has fallen.

Considering how these are but puppets fueled by the life force of the Wei and Chen family clansmen they aren't as reliable as a genuine living and breathing Paragon Immortal.

This is especially the case when the clansmen of the three-family alliance slaughtered their enemies to the point of having their eyes turn bloodshot.

As more of the enemy forces are cut down the weaker these Paragon Immortal puppets became making it so that the six Paragon Immortals on the three-family alliance's side can suppress them one at a time.

"..."

In the midst of this harsh battle Yao Ming Zhu would occasionally look in the direction of Shen Fu Zi's corpse with a look of concern. He doesn't know just how well Ye Gui Feng is doing in there with Wu Gongchen as his opponent.

"..."

Yao Ming Zhu isn't the only one to occasionally look in the direction of Shen Fu Zi's corpse as Yao Mu Ya would do the same every now and then. But compared to Yao Ming Zhu he didn't feel too concerned.

Holding the spear given to him by Ye Gui Feng in his hands Yao Mu Ya charges forth and stabs the weapon through the chest of a Wei family clansman.

"This brat is serious..."

Yao Zuo Dao looks to Yao Mu Ya with a sigh. As a means of making sure that Yao Mu Ya will be safe he sticks close to his back.

[...]

Similarly Mo Xuan Yong would also occasionally look towards the corpse of Shen Fu Zi as he continues to turn a group of Wei and Chen family clansmen into a haze of blood.

"..."

The fourth person to look towards the corpse of Shen Fu Zi at times is naturally Xiao Ju Hong.

"Feeling concerned?"

Yao Xue Mei raises this question to Xiao Ju Hong to which Xiao Ju Hong blinks her eyes with a light nod.

"For some reason I can't help but feel like... A major change is about to occur..."

.................................

"More than 10,000 years ago I had killed Wei Wufeng and used his identity to control the Wei and Chen family to this day."

Taking up a cup of wine Ye Gui Feng outwardly smiles as he listens to Wu Gongchen talking about how he had managed to trick the Wei and Chen family's clansmen for so many years.

In the midst of Wu Gongchen's recount Ye Gui Feng can't help but inwardly feel a deep sense of disgust towards him.

But at the same time Ye Gui Feng had to admit.

This Wu Gongchen is indeed a caution minded schemer as he goes over his story in great detail on how he went about avoiding the suspicions of others.

For the most part a scheme on the level of Wu Gongchen's is one that would require a great deal of patience to accomplish.

This kind of patience is something that can only be honed with years of experience and practice in the arts of manipulating the human hearts.

"I had used the same story to trick all those inferior realm practitioners. I told them that there are invaders in the outside world who are waiting for us to grow so that they may harvest us for their own gains."