Chapter 793

[Extinguish.]

The temperatures fell harshly as all traces of warmth vanished from the world.

In the same instance the layers of frost that had covered the earth begins to grow at a terrifying rate.

In a mind numbing manner the frost quickly enveloped the skeletal giants' hands prior to moving upwards and covering the rest of their bodies in a shell of ice.

"..."

A solemn look appears on Xuan Nuo's face as he looks to one of the skeletal giants. Specifically, he is looking at the magic energy that is inside of the giant's mouth.

The moment in which the skeletal giant had been frozen not even the magic energy that was inside of its mouths had been spared of the same fate.

Under ordinary circumstances the ability to freeze magic energy in its raw state should be impossible but at this moment the magic energy that is within the mouths of the skeletal giants has indeed been frozen.

[...]

Despite being the one to have accomplished this impossible feat not even Ye Gui Feng knew the full details of how he had done it.

[...]

Turning his head to the side Ye Gui Feng looks to the towering object that stands behind him.

Just as Xuan Nuo had predicted the black flame that was just extinguished is indeed the manifestation of a world's heat and having this flame extinguished means depraving the world of any warmth on a level that is nearly conceptual.

The reason as to why Ye Gui Feng didn't dare to say that this magic art is capable of erasing the concept of warmth completely is because he had a genuine article to compare it to.

Comparing this magic art to Li Jiu Tian's attack that is truly capable of wiping away the existence of something on the conceptual level Ye Gui Feng finds something off about this art.

The clear difference between the two is that Li Jiu Tian's attack is able to enforce a permanent change in the natural laws but this magic art that is attempting to the mimic the same effect can only do so temporarily.

On the surface this magic art has made it seem as if the concept of warmth has been erased but this is just a temporary distortion in the natural laws.

Given some time everything will surely return to normal but that's not to say that this magic art is weak by any means.

In the distant past those who had been fortunate or misfortunate enough to witness the secret arts of the Bai Hui Sect would all be struck with a strange sense of awe.

This mainly has to do with the fact that these secret arts tend to take on an unusual form and the object behind Ye Gui Feng is no exception to this rule.

The appearance of this object would surely remind someone a candle holder or a lamp for that is exactly what it is.

One might say that the creator of this technique had strange tastes seeing as how they had created a technique with such an odd form and even went as far as to name it Xī Shì Dēng (熄世灯 Meaning: World Extinguishing Lamp).

However, would anyone dare to call this art a joke when it is nearly capable of erasing something on the conceptual level?

The power of this art can be considered a miracle for it has already gone pass the limits of human creativity and has nearly touched upon the domains of an Original Monarch's Absolute Law.

..................

With the entirety of this world covered in frost a tranquil sense of silence reigns as cold Qi fills the air causing the world to enter into a period of winter that will last for an indefinite amount of time.