Old Friend

Standing out in the midst of the Starry Seas Ye Gui Feng, Xiao Ju Hong, and the three weapon spirits all looked down at their feet.

The darkness of the Starry Seas' depths resembles a limitless black pit that is capable of swallowing up everything in its maws.

Drawing in a deep breath of air the group begins to descend into the depths of the Starry Seas together.

.........

In the midst of descending not a single person in the group chose to say a word to the other as they all put on an expression of wariness towards their surroundings.

Soon all traces of light vanished from their environment leaving the entire group in a world of absolute darkness.

The dense darkness of the Starry Seas' depths makes spirit senses and the likes completely useless down here as one can only rely on their senses of hearing for vague directions.

(...)

Recalling that final glimpse of the future that he had managed to see Ye Gui Feng ponders about the matter while continuing to sink downwards.

(Is that... Truly the only method?)

The method used within that glimpse of the future isn't to Ye Gui Feng's liking and he didn't know if that method will even redirect the present towards a brighter road.

But Ye Gui Feng felt like there is at least a shred of hope in using that method over the actions of doing nothing and waiting for the inevitable to arrive.

(...Let's just hear what the Eternal has to say first before deciding.)

Deciding to do just that Ye Gui Feng dismisses these thoughts from his head and focuses on the objective at hand.

"Is this the very bottom?"

[No. I doubt it.]

No one knew just how deep the Starry Sea is as not a lot of people possessed the courage to come down here in the first place. This is especially so when the news of there being a monstrous existence on the level of an Original Monarch has made its depths their home.

[C'mon let's continue.]

With a nod everyone follows after Ye Gui Feng's lead as they continue to sink deeper into the depths.

............

Wandering about within this darkness in an aimless manner no one really knew just how much time had passed from when they started their descent till the present moment.

[...]

Eventually Ye Gui Feng frowns as he and the others stopped in place.

[This Eternal definitely knows that we're here but he chooses not to show himself...]

"I'm going to assume that he also knows why we're here then?"

"Probably."

Standing in place the group begins to think of some ideas to draw out the Eternal Monarch while keeping a look out for anything unusual.

"Wouldn't attempting to light this place up make our search much easier? Without being able to see anything I feel like we're just going around in circles."

"And how would you go about lighting this place up huh?"

Ming Xiao Luo bats Miao Xiao Lin an eye for pointing out the obvious without giving a solution as to how they would go about it.