Chapter 775

Almost as if the lava itself is plain water Ye Gui Feng swims through it in leisure while following the cultivation essence's flow.

*Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!* the sound of the ongoing clash between Xuan Nuo and the Vermilion Bird can still be heard by Ye Gui Feng but it has gradually started to subside in volume as he distance himself from it.

[...]

In the midst of swimming through this sea of lava Ye Gui Feng has a difficult time dismissing his newfound worries.

[...]

Looking to the white stone that is in his right hand Ye Gui Feng felt as if there is a thread of karma connecting him to a certain person.

Maybe this thread of karma has always been there but it is only until now that Ye Gui Feng had discovered its existence.

Considering how it had taken Ye Gui Feng this long for him to realize this thread's existence the person who had established it can only be someone above the realms of an Exalted Celestial.

Instinctively Ye Gui Feng felt as if this thread had been with him since his birth.

Such a wild speculation is difficult to prove but if that really is the case...

[...]

Being entangled in this thread of karma made Ye Gui Feng feel as if he is trapped within a spider web. Having his own fate under the control of another person cannot be considered a pleasant feeling but-

[...]

Although there's no feelings of warmth towards this stranger who had established this connection Ye Gui Feng cannot say that he hates them either.

Towards the stranger who is on the other side of this thread Ye Gui Feng feels a series of difficult to express emotions.

However, now is clearly not the time to sort these feelings out.

[.........]

Increasing his speed Ye Gui Feng continues to follow the trail of cultivation essence and this eventually brings him to a giant ravine. From a few meters up this ravine resembles a giant cut that's yet to heal.

[...]

Peering into the pitch darkness of this ravine Ye Gui Feng blinks his eyes before deciding to dive into it while continuing to use the trail of cultivation essence as a guide.

Submerging deeper and deeper into this ravine Ye Gui Feng felt the lava around him increasing in temperature. This is something that should be expected if this entire world is structured in a similar manner to a planet.

[...]

Following the trail of cultivation essence Ye Gui Feng gradually develops a sense of curiosity towards the object or place that it is guiding him towards.

[Hm?]

Eventually Ye Gui Feng sees a cavern cut out on the side of the ravine's walls.

Approaching that cavern and floating right in front of it Ye Gui Feng frowns as the trail of cultivation essence ends here.

This looks to be the Immortal Cave of a practitioner.

[...]

In a careful manner Ye Gui Feng moves into the cavern and despite how dark it is he can easily see something at the far ends of the cavern upon taking his first step through the entrance.