That Would Be a Difficult Question to Answer

*Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.* plucking the strings of the Seven Echoes Ye Gui Feng plays a soft tune with Xiao Lian listening from the side.

The clothes worn by Xiao Lian are the robes that Ye Gui Feng had started to make for her during his trip out in the Starry Seas.

After some minor adjustments are done to these robes they had fit Xiao Lian perfectly.

These robes are pure red laced with golden lotus embroideries. Due to his protectiveness towards Xiao Lian Ye Gui Feng had seen fit to bless these robes with several Divinities that had come from his Authorities.

The long dark hair of Xiao Lian is mostly kept as is. At the midpoint of her long hair is a pale blue butterfly ribbon that ties the rest of her hair into a tail.

Throughout the passage of this year Ye Gui Feng didn't do anything related to raising his cultivation base other than practicing the zither with Bai Yuechu.

But at this point all the basics have already been instilled into his head and with that being the case Bai Yuechu had thought that it is time for Ye Gui Feng to create his own music instead of learning from a manual.

People say that without diverting from the traditions one may never hope to obtain any sense of originality in their field.

The creation of one's own music piece or even a magic art is very much the same as one takes the knowledge of their predecessors and improves upon it with their own insights.

Life has been rather mundane for Ye Gui Feng who had plenty of free time on his hands throughout the day. Most of his time are spent on trying to create his own music with Xiao Lian listening to him playing the zither in a curious manner.

[...Hmm.]

*Thump. Thump. Thuuuump............* drawing in a light breath of air Ye Gui Feng inwardly frowns.

[*Sigh*]

Mulling over some thoughts Ye Gui Feng felt like he is currently trapped within a quagmire that is formed of everything that he had been taught beforehand.

Despite having knowledge of where to start Ye Gui Feng cannot seem to find any kind of inspiration to draw an idea of progression from.

[Xiao Lian.]

Looking towards Xiao Lian Ye Gui Feng smiles lightly.

[Do you want to try?]

"..."

Xiao Lian blinks her eyes seemingly hesitating.

(I do not know what it is that you are afraid of nor will I try to guess. I merely hope that you would put more trust in them. They are your parents after all. Even if a solution doesn't exist... It would be much better than having to put on... An act every day. If you feel frustration and worry then show it instead of bottling it up. Don't you find having to act happy and content at all times difficult?)

It was also then that Xiao Lian recalls the words that Bai Yuechu had said to her more than a month ago.

Before Xiao Lian can even give an answer Ye Gui Feng picks her up and sits her on his lap.

[You don't have to hesitate if there's something that you want to try.]

Attempting to get himself out of this quagmire through forceful thinking will only result in a headache and so Ye Gui Feng figured that he might as well do something else for the time being.

Sometimes acting natural and letting time flow in a casual manner can lead one towards unexpected insights.

Since Xiao Lian looks rather intrigued by the instrument Ye Gui Feng had thought of teaching her how to play it as a means of relaxing his mind.