If I Forgot It...

[For the sake of my eternity I can quit being human.]

Hearing these words and seeing the light in Ye Gui Feng's eyes the Asura Monarch abruptly stops Xuan Nuo from attacking.

[Interesting. I do like to see if there is a human capable of the feat that you're about to perform.]

[...]

In reality Ye Gui Feng didn't really have the need to successfully assimilate with the blood of the Yaksha Monarch as his task is merely to buy time for Xiao Ju Hong and Die Fei.

So long as Ye Gui Feng can hold the Asura Monarch's attention for long enough he would have completed his task of buying time for Xiao Ju Hong and Die Fei to bind the scroll painting to Xiao Lian's soul.

[...]

Despite there being a feeling of uncertainty towards what he is about to do Ye Gui Feng can only choose to ignore this feeling as he looks to the blood of the Yaksha Monarch and crushes it.

A pungent scent of iron fills the air as the bundle of blood takes on the form of a red mist that shrouds Ye Gui Feng within it.

This scent quickly fills his nose and upon drawing in a breath of air Ye Gui Feng absorbs the blood red mist into his body.

As the blood red mist seethes into his body Ye Gui Feng feels a head splitting sense of pain welling up. At the same time the beating of his heart accelerates in speed.

*Thump! Thump! Thump!* maybe it was just Ye Gui Feng's imagination but the loudness of his heartbeats sounded like the heavy beatings of a drum to him.

[...]

A series of memories flashes by within Ye Gui Feng's head. Most of these memories belongs to his first life when he had lived in a world without cultivation practices.

As these memories darken and begin to burn away Ye Gui Feng realizes that he will most probably cease to recall any of these memories by the time this is over.

(This is fine...)

Within the world that he is currently in Ye Gui Feng didn't find any meaning in possessing these memories. If they can be used as a form of currency to obtain more power then he is fine with letting them go.

As the head pains worsen it felt almost as if someone is trying to pierce two iron stakes into his head but despite the harshness of this pain Ye Gui Feng doesn't allow it to show on his face as he grinds his teeth together while rotating the Blood God Domain to assimilate with the blood that he had just absorbed.

In the past Ye Gui Feng had attempted to assimilate with the bloodlines of the Yao family by absorbing the blood of Yao Zhen Tian.

Attempting to do this with the blood of an Original Monarch might be the same in theory but the amount of pain that Ye Gui Feng is forced to endure from the assimilation of this blood is probably more than a thousand times the amount of pain that he had to grit through during that time.

If Ye Gui Feng's physical body hadn't reach the realms of an Exalted Celestial in recent years then just from absorbing a single droplet of this blood would have caused him to die instantaneously.

As beads of cold sweat rolls down his face Ye Gui Feng felt as if he is wearing a heavy suit of armor that is only there to slow him down. Just a single finger under this experience felt as if they weight as much as a mountain making it difficult for him to move.

(...ll... M...)

An unclear voice speaks within Ye Gui Feng's head. The tone of this voice contains an evident hint of cruelty and coldness that would make a person shiver.