Intelligence Level of the Yakshas

"..."

Although the two Exalted Celestial realm Yakshas felt that the first mission the Yaksha Monarch had given to them is important they also felt that the second mission of setting up a base of operations here in the Starry Seas is just as important.

"(.........The second one takes more priority.)"

Thinking carefully the red haired Yakshas felt that the second mission takes greater priority in the grand scheme of things as the defeat of the entire Yaksha Dynasty would mean the survival of this world's residence and would serve to soil the name of their monarch.

"(Agreed. If our forces all fall here then it would cause a great inconvenience to the goal that our creator had given to us. My instinct tells me that attempting to leave this sea will take a great deal of effort as well...)"

Looking up at the skies of this sea the black haired Yaksha constricts his eyes as he sees the torn magic array being mended.

This game of the Yaksha Monarch is basically a time-based survival game in which the residence of this world must defeat or fend off against his legion so that they may live.

"(Right now most of our forces are in the world above our heads. We have no way to replenish our losses here today so we cannot afford to continue this battle. Us two alone cannot achieve much for what is a nation without our own kind to rule over?)"

Without any way to connect to the Primordial Continent in which most of their forces are at this time the black haired Yaksha felt that expending all their forces here and now just for the sake of capturing the Dao Lotus' spirit isn't worth it.

"(But I am not willing to just retreat like this...)"

"(Heh pride is it?)"

Nearly dying in the hands of Ye Gui Feng and Xiao Ju Hong left a bad taste in the red haired Yaksha's mouth. He can agree with his equal's reasoning but he just isn't willing to retreat after having his pride damaged.

"(Need I remind you that there are ten people in this world who can contend with our equals?)"

"..."

According to the knowledge that they had inherited from the Yaksha Monarch all the Yakshas knew that in this world there are a total of ten people who are capable of fighting against the strongest members of their species.

Although most of these ten individuals do not trust one another completely both the red haired Yaksha and the black haired Yaksha knew that these humans would never the less call for a temporary truce and work together for the sake of mutual survival.

"..."

"..."

Seeing the light of hesitation to do as told in the red haired Yaksha's eyes that doesn't show a hint of dimming the black haired Yaksha tries to convince his equal of retreating by giving him another reason to do so.

"(That person in the black robes is this sea's strongest practitioner. In a one to one battle against him our chances of victory aren't guaranteed. That girl by his side isn't simple either. With her aiding him just now we had nearly died. If one of us falls here then it would break our current state of balance in this sea. We should keep this balance for the time being to deter them from taking us lightly.)"

"..."

The red haired Yaksha narrows his eyes while pondering.

Just as the black haired Yaksha had mentioned maintaining a sense of balance in their numbers for the time being and keeping it that way to deter this world's forces from taking them lightly is an absolute necessity if they wish to set up a base of operations here while allowing their species as a whole to regroup.

"(Both of us are injured right now after enacting our creator's Absolute Law. This lessens our chances of victory even more.)"

From having enacted an Absolute Law to avoid death these two Yakshas had both sustained some internal wounds that will require a great deal of time to heal. This makes their chances of victory even less likely.

Wariness against their enemies, unwillingness to expend their forces for a meager goal coupled with internal injuries, for these three reasons the black haired Yaksha isn't willing to continue this battle.

"(If you wish to continue this battle then you're on your own. I will not stay here and accompany you in death.)"

"(Tch... Fine. Let us retreat and fight another day then...)"

Hearing that his equal isn't willing to remain here and fight and that if he chooses to stay he would be dying alone the red haired Yaksha clicked his tongue and agreed to retreat in a begrudging manner.

[...]

Seeing the forces of the Yaksha turning around and leaving Ye Gui Feng can't help but frown.

"..."

"..."

Without doing anything to stop them the clansmen of the Ni Liu family watches as the forces of the Yakshas left.

Upon the forces of the Yakshas retreating completely-

[*Sigh*]

Ye Gui Feng shakes his head while raising a heavy sigh. He chooses not to give chase due to the risks involved.

That interactions between the two Yakshas just now is something that causes Ye Gui Feng's feelings of wariness towards the Yakshas to increase.

Having their own language or a method of communication is one thing.

But having the ability to think for themselves and not just mindlessly follow the orders of their creator is completely different.

This means to show that the Yakshas aren't just some primitive beasts that rely on instincts.

That interaction between the two Yakshas demonstrated to Ye Gui Feng that his enemies can be efficient and had thought that it wasn't worth continuing this battle just to capture the Dao Lotus' spirit in the grand scheme of their goals.

[...So this is the power of a monarch is it? How absurd...]

The ability to create intelligent lifeforms using a mere droplet of their blood and their Absolute Law this kind of power that belongs to the Yaksha Monarch and those that are similar to him has allowed Ye Gui Feng to understand how life had come to be in the first place.

If these Yakshas would just mindlessly follow orders then they would be quite easy to defeat using cheap trickery. But with an intelligence level that is similar to that of a living human that won't be the case.

Since their opponents are also capable of complex thinking this game of the Yaksha Monarch's will take an indefinite amount of time to end.

[Ni Liu family clansmen heed to my orders. If you ever see those Yakshas again do not think of them as mindless beasts. They have the brains to think for themselves so treat them as you would when facing a fellow practitioner during battle.]

Hearing these words most of the juniors can't help but widen their eyes whereas the elders and patriarchs nodded their heads as they have also noticed the human like qualities that the two Yakshas had just displayed during their conversation with one another.

[*Sigh*]

Raising another sigh Ye Gui Feng can't help but feel like the situation of this world has just gotten messier than ever before. He has no clue as to what the Eternal Monarch and the Yaksha Monarch had meant by survival means a chance to becoming a prime world.

[...Return back and recuperate. Until we learn more about these Yakshas do not engage them lightly. If one appears in our star region then do your best to capture them and bring them back to the planet for soul searching.]

Without knowing if every single Yaksha is capable of enacting these Absolute Laws Ye Gui Feng finds it to be a risky endeavor to engage the Yakshas in battle lightly.