小莲

"..."

The eyelids of the young girl twitches as she rests on a soft bed with a dense winter blanket covering her body.

"..."

.........

Momentarily the young girl slowly opens her emerald green eyes and the first thing that she sees-

"...M...r..."

Is the fair skinned face of a young woman with snow white hair sleeping next to her on the same bed.

The arms of the young woman are wrapped around the young girl in a tight manner almost as if she is afraid that not doing so would make the young girl vanish.

The breaths of the young woman are something that the young girl can easily hear and smell as the she tries to roll onto her sides.

"...Hm?"

The slight movements of the young girl in her arms causes the eyelids of Xiao Ju Hong to twitch and-

"..."

Momentarily Xiao Ju Hong opens her red eyes in a sleepy manner and blinks a few times to let her eyes adjust to the brightness.

"..."

"..."

Seeing the adorable face of the young girl in her arms who is blinking her round emerald green eyes back at her causes Xiao Ju Hong to subconsciously smile in a warm manner that is very much similar to how a mother would smile when their child had woken them up for a silly reason.

"You're awake?"

In a soft tone of voice Xiao Ju Hong asks.

"..."

Towards this question the young girl nods in a shy manner that would cause the heart of almost anyone to soften.

Despite still feeling somewhat tired from having slept for so long Xiao Ju Hong quickly regains the strength in her arms as she brings the young girl closer to her in a motherly embrace. Over two weeks' worth of time had gone by with the young girl in her arms showing no signs of awakening until now.

Being able to finally see the young girl's emerald green eyes opened is something that brings a sense of relief to Xiao Ju Hong's heart.

"..."

Pressed against Xiao Ju Hong's chest and listening to her heartbeat causes a familial sense of warmth to well up in the young girl's heart.

This warmth brings to the young girl a sense of joy and comfort as she feels a sense of safety by being in the arms of Xiao Ju Hong.

But-

"Mother."

"Yes?"

Hearing the young girl calling her by this title in a clear manner causes a warm surge of happiness to well up in Xiao Ju Hong's heart as she answers.

"I..."

The lips of the young girl trembles. Despite having some words that she wishes to say she didn't know if she should say them.

(That thing is but a treasured ingredient that can be used as the core of a Pill of Eternity. It possesses no emotions and even if it might show something akin to emotions it had merely done so in the hopes of getting you fools to defend it; one might as well say that it is but an emotionless doll since its appearance as a human child is nothing more than an illusion as well.)

"...I......"

Doubts appear in the young girl's heart as she recalls the words that had been said by the Yaksha Monarch. This causes her to hold onto the hem of Xiao Ju Hong's right sleeve in a reliant manner.