Chapter 777

"..."

The day that the young man had been exiled from his sect a heavy downpour of rain fell from the skies.

"..."

It is difficult to tell whether the waters trickling down the young man's face is from the rain or if they are the actual tears that are flowing out of his eyes.

"Ah my previous life as ** *** *** has ended."

Despite what had happened that day the young man maintained a smile on his face as he looks up to the gray colored skies.

"In this new life I shall call myself *."

As a means of restarting his life with nothing but the clothes on his back the young man decided to change his name that day.

*, a single character of the world's native tongue, that is the name that the young man had chosen to call himself in his new life.

.........

Seasons change and a decade flies.

Having been exiled from his sect by his master the young man in the white robes had traveled the lands in a carefree manner.

"Mortals, so short their lives may be but so peaceful the lives they led. As a practitioner I can't help but feel a sense of envy towards them."

On a particular day the young man stands at the edge of a cliff as he looks out to the vast oceans with a light smile on his face.

To the young man the waters that are near the shores seem to represent the mortal world in which conflict occurs on a lighter scale when compared to the cultivation world that is represented by the raging waters in the far distance.

The gap that separates the calm waters from the violent waters seem to represent just how distant the two worlds are from one another.

For the most part the young man had spent his time mingling into the mortal world by disguising himself as a wandering scholar.

That doesn't mean that the young man had cut himself off from the cultivation world completely as he would occasionally participate in trials as a means of entertainment or being driven by the natures of a human's greediness for wealth.

The boldness of the young man and his tendency to steal or scam the treasures of others in these instances spread quickly causing his name to be heard by many.

"An eccentric minded practitioner dressed in a white set of robes with a feather fan in hand," that had seemingly become the way in which others would describe the young man's personality and appearance.

.........

Several years had passed since the day the young man had stood at the cliff to watch the vast oceans and compared that sight to the two worlds that he treads through.

On a certain day a woman holding onto an oil paper umbrella in her right hand walks up to the top floor of an extravagant restaurant.

"..."

Looking around in a random manner the young woman sees that most of the tables here are already filled.

"..."

Noticing a particular table that is occupied by just a single person in the right most corner the young woman walks in the direction of it.

"May I?"

Approaching the table the young woman asks the young man dressed in white if she may sit.

"If you wish."