6- The Hat Can Sing

The train journey went by very fast, yet Harry and Ron made no appearance.

Mali had never seen wizarding sweets before so bought one of everything from the trolley lady, which meant that the four girls were free to gorge themselves with sweets.

In no time at all however they were pulling on their Hogwarts robes as the train arrived at Hogsmead station.

"Firs' years this way!" A booming voice called out, Ginny, Venus and Mali hurried towards the voice, and found themselves in the middle of a large group of first year students.

"Is this all of ya?" Hargid the giant man asked. "Let's go then."

He led them out of the station and towards a group of boats, he sidled into one himself. "Four to a boat." He told them.

The three girls hurried to get a boat together and were quickly joined by an excited boy who had a muggles camera clutched in his hands.

"I'm Colin Creevy," he grinned at the three as the boat began moving, "who are you?"

"I'm Mali Young." Mali shook his hand with a grin back.

"Venus Weasley," Venus gave him a smile.

"Ginny Weasley," Ginny couldn't tear her eyes away from the castle that was before them.

Venus stared up at it with awe, "it's beautiful." She declared.

"Yeah," Mali agreed, "I keep thinking that this is all a dream, that I'm going to wake up at home never knowing about wizards."

Venus immediately reached over and pinched Mali's arm.

"Ow!" Mali rubbed the spot that she had been pinched on, "what was that for?"

"Now you know that it's not a dream!" Venus grinned.

"Mind your heads!" Hagrid booked as the boats neared a curtain of ivy.

They passed through it and entered some docks.

All of the first years scrambled out of the boats.

"I'll take them from here Hagrid," a woman wearing emerald green robes said.

She looked to the group of first years, "I am professor McGonagall," she told them, "in a moment I will take you through to the great Hall where you shall be sorted into one of four houses, Griffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff or Slytherin, whilst at Hogwarts your house shall be like your family, you shall sleep in house dormatries and attend classes in your house, your triumphs shall gain your house points and any rule breaking will lose points." The first years all stared at the woman in awe. "Follow me." She turned and led them into the castle.

It was just as magnificent on the inside as it was the outside. McGonagall hurried them through a beautiful entrance hall and in through some large doors into what she referred to as 'the great hall'. Students all dressed in black wearing pointy hats stared at them as they walked down the isle in-between the tables.

There was a wooden stall with an old hat placed at the front of the room, and everyone seemed to look at it expectantly. Venus did the same.

Suddenly the hat burst into song, and Venus was so surprised that she almost missed it.

When that hat finished singing McGonagall stepped up, holding a scroll of paper, "when I call your name you shall sit on the stall and I shall place the hat on your head for you to be sorted," she told them, she looked back down at her list, "Alexander, Sophie."

A girl with pigtails hurried forwards, "Ravenclaw!" The hat exclaimed after being placed on her head.

Being a Weasley Venus had to sit through an awful lot of sortings before being sorted herself. It wasn't until "Tinng, Annabel." Was sorted into Gryffindor that they came to W.

"Weasley, Ginevra." Called McGonagall. Ginny walked forwards on shaky legs, but almost as quickly as the hat was placed on her head it yelled, "Gryffindor!"

Venus could hear Fred and George cheering loudly as her sister hurried to sit down.

"Weasley, Venus." McGonagall called. Venus lifted her head high and walked forwards, sitting down neatly on the stall. The hat was placed on her head and it fell to her shoulders.

"A Black." The hat muttered. "It's been a while since I've had one of those."

Excuse me? Venus asked the hat.

"But of course I remember your parents well," the hat ignored her, "both Gryffindors, both very intelligent, pity. That intelligence is here too, prehaps Ravenclaw..."

Gryffindor, Venus though forcefully.

"Ah yes, that bravery. A trait inherited from your parents, I think you'd do well in GRYFFINDOR!" The hat yelled the last word to the hall.

The Gryffindor table burst into applause. Her siblings most of all. Venus hurried to sit down in-between Ginny and a second year boy who Venus did not know.

The very last person to be called was, "Young, Amalia." Mali rushed forwards and was also very quickly sorted into Gryffindor, she sat herself down on the other side of Ginny.

"Very well," Albus Dumbledore for to his feet, "let the feast begin."

The tables were immediately covered in food and Venus dug straight in.

GRYFFINDOR!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx