125- The Wedding Day

"I'm exhausted," sighed Venus as she lay back on her bed two days before the wedding. "We should've taken Fred's advice and put Mum under the body bind curse."

"There's no way that we would have got everything done without your mum," Neville laughed and lay back beside Venus.

"Mum is mental," Venus slung her arm around Neville, "but she's amazing."

"How are you holding up?" Neville asked her.

"Going insane," said Venus. "But apart from that, I'm excited."

"Me too," Neville grinned, "goodnight almost wife."

"Goodnight almost husband."

********

"Why are you hiding?" Venus demanded when she slipped into a broom cupboard to see Harry hiding there. "You have no right to be hiding."

"Weddings drive Molly crazy." Harry laughed, "she's had me folding napkins all morning. I took my first opportunity to get out of there."

Venus shuddered, remembering all of the napkins that her mother had forced her to fold over the years. "Mum had me making swans for your wedding."

"Maybe it's karma then," Harry laughed, "anyway, what are you doing hiding, it's your wedding isn't it?"

"Exactly, that's why I'm hiding, everyone is driving me crazy," Venus closed the door behind her. "Ophelia keeps trying to do my hair, Mali won't stop jabbering and mum keeps crying. Don't even get me started on dad!"

"What's Sirius been doing?" Harry frowned.

"Neville said that dad keeps threatening him." Venus snorted.

"Well, it's your wedding day," Harry shrugged, "Sirius threatened Ginny on our wedding day."

"He did?"

"Oh yeah, Gin said that Sirius said he would run her over."

"That's not very friendly," said Venus, "and to think, I didn't threaten Ophelia at all before they got married."

"Me either," mused Harry, "oh well, we've got time to change that."

"Plenty of time."

The two smiled at each other and fell silent for a while.

"Ve, you're getting married in a few hours, you should probably go and get ready," Harry suggested.

"I will make you a deal Harry," Venus grinned at him, "I will leave this cupboard if you do."

"Deal."

********

"You look beautiful Venus," Sirius sniffed when he arrived in the room once Venus was in her dress.

"I feel weird," Venus complained, rubbing her hips as she looked in the mirror. She had a strange feeling in her stomach that she had never felt before.

"You look really pretty mum," Nova grinned. Nova, Halley, Hope, Selene and Lily were flower girls. All of them were dressed in pretty cream dresses that were a similar style to Venus's wedding dress. Ginny and Mali were sharing the role of matron of honour and were in similar dresses to the younger girls.

"Thanks No." Venus grinned at her daughter.

"We're going to go sit down," Ophelia pecked Sirius on the cheek. She and Molly both hugged Venus and wished her luck and then hurried out of the room.

"We're almost ready to go," Arthur ducked into the room and grinned, "you look beautiful Ve."

"So everyone keeps telling me," Venus laughed.

"Okay, put this thing on," Ginny handed Venus her veil. Venus attached the veil to the tiara she was already wearing (borrowed from her Great Aunt Muriel).

"Let's get this over with." Venus gulped down a lump in her throat.

Halley snorted, "you know mum, you sound like your about to be tortured, not get married."

Venus shrugged, "the sooner I can get out of this dress, the better."

Sirius and Arthur took one of her arms each. Ginny lifted up Venus's dress for her so that she could walk properly down the stairs.

"You guys had better hold me up," Venus murmured to Sirius and Arthur, "otherwise I'm passing out."

Oh, My Gods, I can't believe there is only one part left in this book! I'm going to miss this book so much!
Remember to vote, comment and if you haven't already, go check out my new Harry Potter fan fiction Screams!
~Em xx